14

CHERYL POV: sophomore year

"JJ, don't do this." I stop him. "I'm not letting you get on that bike. Especially because that's your moms." JJ looks back at me. "No." He starts to drive off. "JASON IF YOU DON'T GET OFF THAT YOUR GROUNDED FOR A WEEK!" I yell. He stops and turns around. "Well I guess I'm grounded." He drives off. I take a deep breath and walk back inside. Mary is standing at the edge of the stairs. "Mom, I need to tell you something that you can't tell mom, and when I tell her I want you to be there and pretend to care when I do." She plays with her hands. "Ok." I know what she's going to say. "Umm, I ahh, I'm, I don't know how to umm, say it. I don't know why this is hard, your my mom. Mom, I am gay." She blurts out. "And I know you won't have a problem, and I know it's not a big deal, I just think you should know." She looks down. "You could have just come here with Jenna, who we all know your dating. Have any of us said anything to anyone about it? No, but we all know. Anyways, you could have come here with her said she was your girlfriend and no one would bat an eye." She looks up. "Hey, I still love you, nothing you said changes that. Ok?" She nods. "Come here."  I pull her into a hug. "You still my daughter, not matter what." She steps back. "When are you going tell her?" I ask. "I don't know in a few days." I nod. "Ok."

5 years old.

"Mom! I can't find my camera!" No. JJ comes running down stairs. "I need it." He starts starts freaking out. "Calm down. Do you want to check the car?" I ask. He nods. I get down to his level. "You need to calm down first." I hold his shoulders. He takes a deep breath. "Ok." I wipe his tears. "Come on." I get up and walk out. We walk to the car and he opens the door. I look up and see Toni coming back on her bike. Which by the way is older than her. "Hey what's going on?" She takes her helmet off. "Got it." He runs back inside the house. "He left his camera out here. He takes after you." She kisses me. "It was one time and I got it back." She starts to walk away. "Yeah 3 months later, after I bought you a new one." We walk back in. I just realized how cold it was outside. "I still got it back." I cup her face. "I know." She smiles. Her phones starts ringing, she looks at it. "It's Rose." She picks up the phone. "Hey." She walks into the other room, "yeah I'll be there. Bye." She walks back in. "I'll be back."

"Rose, you can't do this." I walk over to her. "I know." She puts her head down. Toni sits in front of her. "Give me your jacket." She puts her hand out. Rose takes off her jacket and hands it to her. "Your not a serpent until you can prove yourself." Toni walks away. "Toni." She throws the jacket on a bar stool. "No! She-." I stop her. "Your going to regret this." I walk over to her. "She shouldn't have done that!" She yells. "Stop." I whisper. She looks down. "She did the one thing I thought she would never." I nod. "Why did you do that?" Toni walks over to her. I've never seen her like this. "I had no choice!" She yells. "Penny is back, she made me." She confesses. "You did exactly what I have tried to get the serpents not to do for a while now." She looks down. "We'll take a vote." She turns around to face me. "Tomorrow. If you think she should stay or not." I shake my head. "Toni."

"Cheryl, you need to talk to her." Rose says desperately. "There is no changing her mind." I shakes my head. "Cheryl. I didn't want to do it. You know how I am." She stands up. "I know. Go to bed I will do what I can to talk her out this." I walk out and go to my room. "Babe you are making a huge mistake." She turns around. "She's back, and she doesn't let things go." What could she have done that was that bad for to be effecting our children? "What do that she won't let go?" I ask. She looks downs. "In high school, she had most of the serpents dealing drugs. Jughead was sick and tiered of it and we kidnapped her brought her to greendale and cut her tattoo off. I didn't do much but I was there." I sit down. "So shes after our kids?" She nods. "I refused to deal drugs and now she has Rose doing that. I only did a few times almost died and stopped." I sit down. "Why are you now telling me this?" She steps closer and puts her hands on my hips. "The same reason why it took me 3 years and a almost break up to tell you what happened to my parents." I cup her face. "Baby, is that really why? We were in high school we both made dumb decisions I wouldn't be mad." She looks down. I hear a knock on the door. "I can't sleep." I turn around a see Mary with her teddy bare and blankie. "Ok I'll be there in a minute I need to talk to mommy about something, ok? Go back to bed I'll be there." She slowly walks out. I grab her face. "You shouldn't be punishing our daughter for something you did in high school." She looks away. "She broke one of the rules." I roll my eyes. "You sound like a 5 year old right now. Can you hear yourself right now?" She walks around the room. "I just don't want her to begin have to have a drug problem. I don't want her to go down the path I almost did. There is a reason I don't want to alcohol in this house, there is a reason why I don't have the serpents dealing drugs." She keeps walking around. "You know we've been married for about ten years, and I just realized you can never stay still." She stops. "Ok I have ADHD." She walks over to me. "I love you." She pulls me into a kiss, i cup her face and deepen it. "More." She takes off her shirt. We both lie down on the bed. She starts kissing my neck. I let a moan leave my lips. "Toni." She moves down my body and takes off my shirt. "Your beautiful." She kiss my body and takes my pants off. "Toni."

She rubs my bare back as we lie in bed. I pull the cover over us because it's cold. Thank god because there is a knock at the door, the door slowly opens. "I can't sleep." Mary walks in. I look at Toni. "I'll be there in a minute." Toni grabs her shirt. Mary walks out. "I'll be right back." She gets dressed and walks out.

TONI POV:

"Mary what's up?" I ask as I walk in. "what were you and mom doing?" she ask. Ummmm... having sex. "We were doing some adult things." she nods. "But really what's up?" I ask sitting on her bed. "Can I ask something?" she ask as she plays with my shirt. I nod. "Do I have a dad?" she ask. "Technically yeah." she looks at me confused. "Well to have a kid you need one and if you haven't notice your mom and I are both not, so we found someone who would help with that and mom had you and JJ." i explain leaving out the part that Sweet Pea the sperm donor. "What about Rose?" she ask. "She was adopted." I didn't have to explain that to her luckily. "You need to go to sleep." she nods and lies down. I'm guessing the only reason she is up is because she sleeps right next to our room. I kiss her cheek and walk out. I go over to JJ's room to check on him and he is asleep, I close the door and walk in to our bedroom. "What's wrong?" Cheryl ask as I lie down. "She asked if she had a dad." I pause. Cheryl turns to face me completely. "How do you answer that to a 5 year old?" she cups my cheek. "The same way I explained what happened to you." I look up. "Honestly." she's right and I guess I did. Yeah I left out a few key details, but I did tell her. I'm not explaining to my 5 year old how babies are made, not of 1:00 in the morning at least.

MARY POV: 8th grade

"Jason, you should ask her." i say walking into his room after school. "No I shouldn't." he sits on his bed. "Why you like her." he shakes his head. "I don't like girls." he blurts out. "Oh, boys?" i ask. "No your the gay one. I don't really have any interest in anyone. I don't want to boyfriend or a girlfriend, I don't even want to like hook up with anyone." he confesses, I can tell this is the first time he has ever said that out loud. "Oh. i'm guessing you have thought about it?" he nods. "Can you not tell anyone?" I sit down next to him. "Yeah your secret is safe as long as you keep mine." he looks at me confused. "What is it?" i slap up in the back of the head. "That i'm gay you idiot." he looks at me. "Ow. im telling mom." he gets up, I jump on top of him. He still is walking. "Get off me!" i hold onto him as we go to mom's office. "Mom she wont get off me. And she slapped me in the back of the head!" he yells. I get off him. "Why?" i look at Jason and shake my head in a panic. "We were just messing around." mom nods. "When is mom home." he ask starting to panic at her absence. "In about 10 minutes." he doesn't even respond just goes upstairs and locks himself in his room. "You need to stop annoying him, you know he's sensitive." i nod. "Yeah." i start to walk out. "Can you make sure he's ok." i nod and close the door. Thank god he didnt say anything. It's not like i'm ashamed look at my parents. It's just i'm not ready to come out.

Jenna: come over ;)

I look at the text and respond.

Mary: i'll be there in a few.

Luckily she doesn't live that far mainly because are parents are best friends. I knock in his door. "Mom told me to make sure you were ok." i yell through the door. "Yeah." he yells back. I walk over to my room and grab a few thing and walk downs stair to write a note on to tell mom where I am.

She opens the door. "My dads are out, I figured you could co-." i interrupt her by kissing her. "Let's go upstairs." she closes the door. Once we get in her room all our close end up on the floor. "Are you sure you want to do this?" she ask as she grabs the strap on. She walks over. "More than anything." she gets on top of me and starts slow. I let out a moan. "Babe." i moan out. She stops. "You ok?" i kiss her. "Keep going."

"Mary, were the hell were you?" i walk into the dining room. "No where?." i was also slightly high. "I will be in my room." i walk up to my room not listing to my moms trying to to stop me. "Are you high or something?" Jason comes storming in. "yeah." i rip my shirt off to change. "Oh! I don't need to see that much of you!" he walks out closing the door.

TONI POV:

"What's up?" i ask Mary. "no one cares about how i'm doing. It's all about Jason." she looks up at me. "I know, he has some emotional problems you know this. What do you want to do? Tomorrow, i'll do anything with you." she shakes her head. "I just want someone to hear how im feeling." i nod. "Ok tell me."