Prologue

Crawford POV

In an undisclosed location on the opposite end of the earth, a man decided on what he should do next. The reason, one of this man's many secret identities and alias' is that of Max Crawford, actively serving as the top CIA agent that it's ever produced. Crawford was at the ripe old age of 59 but possessed the energy and vigor of a teenager. His methods are rigorous and thorough to the point that he's been nicknamed "the Microscope".

Standing 6'6'', weighing 250 lbs. of pure unadulterated muscle, Crawford was in tiptop shape. And in spite of his age, Crawford looked to be a man in his forties and was exceedingly handsome, with flat, black hair sprinkled with shades of gray spots and possessed deep set hazel eyes.

Born without a real name or knowledge of his real parents, Crawford was born in a covert international facility in Siberia operated by the lead governmental intelligence agencies the world over, as part of the PSP, the Perfect Soldier Project of the 1950s. The PSP was designed by a man everyone only ever referred to as 'the Director', to produce the perfect soldier, by taking newborn baby boys from families who would otherwise give them up. Max Crawford was not given a name at birth but a birth designation and his was Project-516. From day 1, along with very advanced schooling in every field of mathematics and science, Crawford and other children were trained in every form of martial arts and fighting style known to man by the world's top instructors, in every form of athletic competition, the history of every inch of land and gallon of water on the entire planet.

By the time they became toddlers, the children were incredibly physically fit, and begun being trained in extremely intense military training, which combined methods of every military force in the world. By ten years old, Project-516 or Max Crawford, knew how to shoot any form of weaponry and artillery from basic to advanced, he could man all types of aircraft, watercraft, automobile and even operate a tank. Crawford and his fellow project children were able to learn all these things at such an early age was because once the birth parents give over it over, each baby was injected with a special serum which allowed the children to use 100 percent of their brain capacity. They were also taught in the art of tactical strategizing by way of countless hours playing games of chess.

Not only did the people operating the PSP training the children to become perfect soldiers on the battlefield but also part of becoming the perfect soldier was being the perfect spy and detective. Crawford learned the importance of keeping secret identities and alias', knowing when and when not be seen or heard and always have a contingency plan for every contingency plan. One of the reasons PSP was located in Siberia was so the project children could learn to deal with any terrain, which they were taught quite extensively. By eight years of age, Crawford and his kin knew to speak, write, type, read, sign, and read the Braille of every form of communication; extinct or non-extinct; including how to handle and communicate with every creature of the animal kingdom. Crawford learned the pertinence of knowing what is happening in the world beyond without having actually being involved in the world itself. He needed to know how to lead and be lead. The project children were meant to remain in the facility, unless they died beforehand, until they were eighteen. Crawford also became a very superb at multitasking.

However, there was a great catch to all this, Crawford and the other project children had to do exactly to the T of what they were told. These boys were born without proper names because they were not supposed to have identities of their own or have personalities. The kids were not to be friends with each other but they were to be either allies or enemies. If an instructor felt the slightest insubordination, the child was severely beaten and punished, could have gone days without eating or sleeping. It was not uncommon for a child to be tortured to the point of their death. The PSP were only looking for the absolute greatest of the absolute greatest, anything short of that was severely attended to immediately.