Chapter 3

Zach POV

The morning before everything in Zach's life went to hell, he was having the best day of his life. After waking up in Johnathan's room with the soothing, happy thought of the previous night's kiss with Gail. Zach's moment of intimacy with Gail had cheered him up to the point that his worries concerning the conversation Zach heard between his parents seem secondary. Forget about Kimberly Adams, maybe I could get back with Gail at some point Zach thought.

"So?" Corey said, popping his head over Johnathan's mattress, "How was it?"

"How was what?" asked Zach. It took Zach a couple seconds for him to clear his head and figure out what Corey was talking about.

"Corey, my ever nosy friend," said Jonathan, "I highly doubt Zachary wants to divulge what was, I'm sure, a quite private encounter with my sister. I for one, do not want to hear it."

After they got up and took turns taking showers, Zach, Jonathan and Corey made their way downstairs. Eleanor was pouring over several frying pans with eggs, bacon and pancakes.

"Morning, boys." sang Eleanor, "How did you sleep?"

"Well some of us slept better than others, Miss T." said Corey, giving Zach a knowing smirk. Corey, then, walked up to the pancakes and reached in to get a piece only to be slapped away by Eleanor.

"Wait!" Eleanor said to Corey, "They're not ready yet, sweetie. You boys take seats by the table, I've whipped up a scrumptious, protein filled breakfast for you three growing preteens." All three boys did as they were told.

"Oh" said Corey to the two of them, as if remembering something, "I won't be playing with you guys today. I've got to dash home as soon as I'm done with your delicious breakfast, Miss T. My mom will need more help with the rascals and then my dad's takin' me to Reagan for to meet with Mrs. Adams, the guidance counselor, for orientation."

"Yeah, both Zachary and I are meeting with her next week." said Jonathan

"So, you do have what to prepare for after all, Cor." said Zach

"Oh, please," said Corey dismissively, "I'm preparing alright. Preparing to take over the school and this is my first step in doing that." Zach and Jonathan chuckled at this remark. "Besides, Zachy, Mrs. Adams is Kimberly's momma. I've got to meet my future monster-in-law."

Zach blushed deeply at the mention of Kimberly's name. Corey raised a questioning eyebrow. He looked like he was going to give a 'Corey response', as was Jonathon, but was interrupted by Eleanor.

"Gail!" Eleanor shouted toward the upstairs, as the boys took their sets, "We should get moving or the store's going to get too crowded." She brought to the table three serving dishes, which contained their breakfast. "Here you go boys. Help yourselves." Eleanor offered kindly. "I'll leave you boys. Gail and I have to run out for some last minute school shopping. Jonathan, I trust you to clean up while I'm gone."

"As always, Mother dearest." said Jonathan. Eleanor continued to speak with Corey and Jonathan, but Zach's attention was averted when he spotted Gail coming downstairs. She met his gaze as the two former lovers shared a moment of affectionate bliss.

"Come, Gail, let's go." said Eleanor.

After Zach and Gail motioned each other 'good-bye', the Tinsley women took their leave. The three of them began to eat their breakfast.

"Now that we're all alone," Jonathan said, "I'd like to discuss the events we became privy to a fortnight-"

"Dude!" Corey chimed in, "First off, enough with the big words already, Jon-Jon, talk so us normal people can understand. Second of all, you're talking about what we heard Zach's folks talk about, we got nuthin' ta worry about."