Epilogue

Uncle Charlie POV

Deep within a dungeon in an abandoned bell tower Charlie has been blindfolded and his limbs bound together with the thickest rope imaginable. He's doesn't know exactly how long he's been there but he knows it's long enough to become painfully thin and on the verge of death. The only interaction he gets is from one of his captors gives him the bare minimum of bread and water just to keep him alive. What's worse, he's been drugged by some sort of hallucinogen that  they inject into his veins that keeps his mind foggy and unclear which is further worsened by his blind aching starvation. He's also been stripped of his clothes and has been whipped many times and was even bitten by some sort of animal. They haven't taken away his hearing so there are times when he overhears what his captors are saying and luckily his condition has not lessened his ability to understand Italian. 

What Charlie did know is that his name was Charlie Williamson and he was a deep cover spy for the CIA and MI6 on a mission to infiltrate a religious fanatical cult with ties to the Perfect Soldier Project which sees the program as some sort of breeding ground for a warped idea of a messianic savior for. That's the other, more radical sect of the PSP; kind of a cult within a cult calling themselves the Uberreich.

Their leaders believe in Darwinism (Survival of the Fittest) and Natural Selection to the Nth degree; Mentally and Physically. They also believe that the PSP is the catalyst for this belief and that there's some sort of prophetic notion that one day there will be a Chosen One who's the absolute fittest of them all that will usher in a world where only the strong survive and there's a soul-crushing food chain based on superiority. They believe that Charlie is either this Chosen One or highly connected to him/her.