Chapter 2: Worldly-wise Man

Nishikage Seiya deeply respected Nosaka Yuuma from the bottom of his heart. Respected to the point that he wanted to follow the person for the rest of his life.

Since the first time he met Nosaka when he was still a delinquent, the latter seemed to be otherworldly that it was quite frightening. He always behaved like a real "emperor" in front of his teammates and others which befitted his alias as "Emperor of Tactics".

However, sometimes, that Nosaka also had a childish side of a teenage boy. Initially, that fact also surprised Nishikage as his impression of Nosaka in the past was a reckless and emotionless person. Not only him, more than half of the team was surprised too.

"Yuuma-kun, wouldn't it better if you sit on the bench properly?"

They were sitting on the seats where there were not so many people and waiting for the kickoff to start the game between Seishou Academy and Raimon Eleven. And, the person who just retorted politely to the captain was the vice-captain, Amaya Shigure.

"Shigure, it doesn't matter you know. There isn't a rule which said you have to sit on the bench when you watch the match." Nosaka's gray eyes looked at his honey-colored eyes and replied.

"On the contary, there isn't a rule which said you can sit on the back of the bench."

Once again, Shigure repeated Nosaka's words with a change of the second half of the sentence. However, that eyes glanced to the side that did not have anyone as if he was talking to the air.

Seeing his reaction, as always, the captain of Outei Tsukinomiya just kept his smile but, that smile was different from the disarming smile he usually put in front of others.

"Complaint?"

"If I do then why am I sitting next to you right now?" His head tilted to the side and for some reason, there was a question mark popping out of his head.

The person himself did not have any ill will at all. He actually said it out loud with a robotic-like expression on his face.

Instead of getting offended, Nosaka suddenly snorted with a hand covering his mouth. That reaction of his was a contrast to his usual behavior as Outei Tsukinomiya's captain. He was like a teenage boy who seemed to enjoy seeing his friend's reaction.

"..."

Or that was what Nishikage, who was standing next to the captain, thought. He had been keeping silent while watching the conversation exchange between these two. Half was because he did not want to interrupt but the other-half was mainly because this Boke and Tsukkomi routine was an everyday occurrence.

Captain and Vice-Captain of Outei Tsukinomiya, Nosaka Yuuma and Amaya Shigure. Normally, these two appeared to be really mature and had otherworldly presence and talent as soccer player.

Yet, when it was something not related to soccer, these two would (unconsciously) throw sarcastic remarks to each other in a casual manner whenever they were together. Though, that was mainly because of Nosaka's unprecedented actions and it would be Shigure's role to retort.

"Nishikage, did you just think of something that's pretty rude?"

In fact, he did hit the nail on the head. For a moment, the goalkeeper's iron mask broke and he was flustering in his mind. 

"No-Nosaka-san, I don't think of such thing..."

"Don't mind, Nishikage-kun. You can be honest to yourself or else Yuuma-kun will gain opportunity to banter you."

"A-Amaya-san!?"

"Shigure, what kind of person do you think of I am?"

"My respectful partner in crime who would take astounding action to overcome hell and high water for the sake of his goal?"

An immediately reply, or should it be question instead? Moreover, he spoke fluently without stammering. And, that eyes had no sign of malice...It made him unnecessarily malignant.

Amaya-san, are you complimenting or criticizing Nosaka-san? Moreover, that opinion of yours was a straightforward one? The word 'respectful' doesn't sound persuasive at all. And, why does your answer come in the form of question?

While retorting Shigure's reply one after another in his mind, the goalkeeper decided to not say a single thing. There was no doubt it would give either of them opportunity to banter him again. He suddenly felt a need for stomach medicine, and this was not the first he had to be the victim who got pushed around by these two.

To be honest, he still could not believe these two who could boldly refer each other as partner in crime. Particularly, after many years, he learned that Nosaka's appearance as the perfect and absolute leader of Outei Tsukinomiya was similar to a wall he built between himself and others which included his teammates.

That was why, seeing this person acted his age was an extremely rare moment. Though, at such time, he realized that Nosaka appeared to be really pleasant.

"I'm already used to it but if it was someone else then you may get criticized."

Indeed, Amaya-san is pretty elusive and eccentric yet, it is somewhat difficult to hate him when you know his essence. I think Nosaka also thinks the same thing.

However, I was a bit jealous of Amaya-san who could make Nosaka-san to be his real self.