Original Character Info

Name: Amaya Shigure (天夜時雨)

Dub Name: Reine Starr

Gender: Male

Birthday: January 27

Position: Midfielder

Number: 12

Team: Outei Tsukinomiya (Vice-captain)

Alias: The Mystical Wisdom Eye (神秘の慧眼, Shinpi no Egan)

Voice Actor: Sawashiro Miyuki (JP), Cristina Danielle Valenzuela (EN)

Biography

He is Nosaka Yuuma's childhood friend and similar to Nosaka, he was adopted into Eisai Children Center around the same time as him. In the story, he is often seen to be together with Nosaka and Nishikage. In Outei Tsukinomiya, he also serves as the team's 'private' counselor by listening to problems of members who have mental fatigue and give them his handmade sweets. Unlike all the members of Outei Tsukinomiya, he chooses to follow Ares no Tenbin program for his own convenience  which stems from a promise he made with Nosaka in the past. Everyone describes him as "an apathetic and elusive person".

Shigure possesses impressive keenness and insight that he could even tell whether a person is lying based on their use of speech, expression and movement, and has a habit of staring at people whenever they make suspicious action or lying.

Eleven License

"Gentle and reticent, he's generally polite, but his straightforward remarks tend to trifle people. He possesses extraordinary insight that seems to be able to see through an opponent's bottomless pit at first glance."

Appearance

Shigure has golden eyes and azure blue hair which is asymmetrically cut. His left side goes down to his chest, while keeping the rest of his hair at average length. He usually wears an arm-length gray blouse under an oversized dark brown hoodie and black plaid pants, and white sneakers.

Personality

Shigure has a calm and indifferent personality, but shows compassion to people who are within his circle. He displays an honest demeanor, answering questions without suspicion or hesitation with a calm face. Due to his upbringing, he uses polite speech patterns and always put on a poker face. His use of words is extremely polite that strangers can feel uncomfortable. This does cause others to think of him as an oddball. Shigure is also pretty carefree as he barely shows ill will towards others even when he is ridiculed because he feels that it would a waste of time to care when a person is busy and having other things making their head hurt. According to Nosaka, he is apathetic towards people or things that are not related to him. If it is something not within his concern, he will be pretty dispassionate about it.

While Shigure is benevolent to those inside his circle, there's a side of him that is ruthless when it comes to outsiders. He barely cares whatever happens to them, even if it will be a miserable consequence, he just regards it as a natural thing. Along with the fact that he does not possess any ill will, sympathy or empathy, it makes it impossible for others to persuade him. 

Hissatsu

[OF] Protection of Oracle (神託の加護, Shintaku no Kago)

[SH] Star Crusher (星砕き, Hoshi Kudaki)

The player creates a ball of energy on his hand which is charged with orange sparkling aura and releases it as the ball divides into several small balls of energy. He kicks the ball upwards and then downwards as the ball keeps destroying the ball of energy one after another, and it gathers energy. Then, the ball heads towards the goal covered by orange energy.

Trivia

In Ares no Tenbin Ending "Koisuru Otome Wa Amemoyo", he is depicted as an alchemist.

Similar to other members of Outei Tsukinomiya, his surname is based on nature. Amaya (天夜) means sky (天) and night (夜). His surname reflects his quietude and carefree attitude.

His color scheme is bright which is a contrast to the dull color scheme of Outei Tsukinomiya. This symbolizes the fundamental difference between him and the other members, which emphasizes his lack of concern towards Ares no Tenbin program.