Chapter 6: Bystander

Shigure was amazed at what he was seeing. He did expect this to happen, but it was an outrageous scene when he looked at it by his own eyes.

"Oh, he finally loses his patience and throws a rampage." He commented. The other two did not reply but focused their attention on the match. Though, there was no doubt that they were thinking the same thing as him.

Similar to what Shigure predicted, Haizaki finallly lost his patience and left the goal wide-opened. To make it worse, he actually stole the ball from his own teammates and ignored them.

The match looked like Haizaki was fighting against both Seishou and Kidokawa Seishuu. If a person used common sense, it was obvious that Haizaki was the enemy instead.

To summarize, he was no different from an innocent beast that ran around the field without reason.

It would be more interesting when Haizaki started to realize Kidou's real intention. If not, it totally proved that Haizaki did not enough determination for his revenge.

Though, for Outei Tsukinomiya, it did not matter whether the winner would be either Seishou or Kidokawa Seishuu anyway.

"I'll go buy a drink." Shigure said as he stood up from his seat.

"You don't want to continue to see the match?"

"Watching the same scenario is nothing but a mediocre play. At least, 10 minutes should be enough."

His eyes took a glance at the mentioned person whose face still looked like a hannya mask.

"Haizaki-kun. If you don't realize the true meaning behind Kidou-san's strategy then you'll definitely lose before you could achieve your revenge."

Shigure silently sent a cheer to Haizaki before leaving the audience seats.

Meanwhile, Nishikage watched the back of their vice-captain who was walking towards the exit until he was out of the sight.

Nishikage simply sighed and turned his attention back the match between Seishou and Kidokawa Seishuu.

"As usual, he just walks in his own pace."

"That's just how he is."

Whether it was something serious, he would treat it as if it did not have anything to do with him. When it was necessary, he would lend a hand to help, but that only happened when he wanted to.

It was as if he was watching a story scenario that was illustrated on a sketchbook. At times, it felt like he could see what would be the next scenario of that story.

In the end, Shigure simply stayed at the side and observed everything like an audience.

"Just earlier, Amaya-san said '10 minutes should be enough'. Does that mean the flow of the match will change soon?"

"Well, if that was Shigure's prediction then we should continue to observe."

Sometimes, Nishikage actually wondered. Why a apathetic person like Shigure actually stayed by Nosaka's side until now?

---

In the silent hallway where there was no one, the thuds of beverage can falling sound could be heard from the vending machine. Then, the beverage can was taken out from the door at the bottom by the hands of azure-blue haired boy.

Instead of walking, his golden eyes just stared at the beverage can. 

"It's almost time..."

He started to talk in the empty hallway as if he was walking to himself.

"When the Preliminaries are over, it'll be the National tournament. That would be the time to prove Ares no Tenbin's value to the whole world."

That was the absolute mission given to Outei Tsukinomiya. In other words, they were no different a sample product that promoted the system.

For Midouin, they were no different mass produced products that could be replaced at any time.

For Shigure, he did not care whether the process would be a success or failure. No, from the first place, he had no interest on interfering the process and there no was need for him to interfere anyway.

He was a bystander. Someone who would stay at the side and watched over everything. There was no need for a bystander to interfere this world's affairs after all.

However, at first, the reason that he decided to come this far might have been out of whim.

"Change the world? Are you serious?"

"Do I look like I'm cracking a joke?"

"Anyone would say that to a powerless child who doesn't have power."

"It's impossible right now but, I'll definitely change it by own hands. No matter what it takes."

"Why do you go through trouble to tell me that?

"Since you'll listen to me in that casual way of yours."

Before he realized, the conversation with that idiot turned into a promise.

"Then, would you allow me to observe the world you're trying to create from the box seats?"

It seemed like the more he remembered those words, the more ridiculous it became.

But some reason, he got a feeling that if he shared Nosaka's world, he would be able to experience something different in this world.

At least, until his countdown began.

"Ah, he actually did realize it by his own in 10 minutes."

When he walked back to the audience seats, the first thing he saw was the mentioned player changing back from his usual uniform, along with the score became 2-1.

For a moment, his emotionless expression broke into a teasing smile.

"There is really nothing better than watching energetic young people~."

It isn't a bad thing to enjoy myself to the fullest until the countdown reaches zero, right? ———