Extra Chapter: His Name is Shigure

Nosaka did not like him. It was not that he hated him but, he always felt uncomfortable whenever their eyes met.

Their first meeting was a rather awkward one but, that was not the main reason. He felt like he could not avert when that golden eyes looked at him. When he looked up at Nosaka with that golden eyes, it was as though he could see his own reflection there. A self that he did not want to show anyone.

In front of him, Nosaka was no different from a transparent. Maybe, Nosaka was afraid of him.

However-

"Why do you think parents could abandon their child so easily?"

He asked that young boy.

Certainly Nosaka did not like him but ironically, the person who he often exchanged words with was also him.

It was not like they suddenly got along with each other.

That young boy never got involved with others more than necessary. In the beginning, his calmness and reactions were very abnormal for a 7 years old child. That had never changed since the first day he got sent here.

He neither forced himself to get along or consoled others. However, if someone wanted to talk, he would sincerely listen to the person. He neither crossed the line or tried to but, he would face the person properly when he needed to.

Nosaka really liked that attitudes of his.

"Who knows? I don't understand."

He answered easily and politely. As usual, he just stated the fact dispassionately. If Nosaka asked a question, he would either answer with 'Yes' or 'No' positively. That was why Nosaka actually felt really comfortable.

Half a year had passed since both of them got left in the care of this intuition. Ever since that awkward meeting, Nosaka often found himself exchanging words with him.

Before Nosaka realized, all the children who got sent here were given Ares no Tenbin education system.

Before Nosaka realized, he was made to understand how corrupted this society had became.

Before Nosaka realized, he became aware that he could no longer remain as an innocent child that did not know anything.

In this institution, obligation to Ares no Tenbin was everything. They were taught to become a superior human for future of mankind.

However, the only thing that did not change was this distance.

Whenever there was a break, that young boy would be sitting on the veranda and read books. Sometimes, Nosaka would sit next to him and observed the scenery silently. It was not uncomfortable at all.

Even if they remained silent, they would not pay attention to others' needs and just left each other alone. They also did not try to force their own opinions.

There was a certain empathy and mutual understanding between the two even if they barely exchanged words.

"Then, what about this society?"

"It's full of problems. This era is named Heisei which means 'peace everywhere' sound ironic when you realize that it's just a smokescreen for a society that's full of problems."

When Nosaka took a quick glance, he was reading book while remaining emotionless. If you looked at a different point of view, his attitude could be seen as cold. Though, he did not seem to care about it all all.

His name really did reflect his personality.

Gentle and silent like the soft drizzle falling slowly to the ground. Neither forceful nor subtle. It was there before one noticed.

"My name is Nosaka Yuuma. What's your name?"

"Me? My name is-"

This was a certain memory between him and the friend who he disliked.

People might said they seemed to be unfriendly or cold-hearted, but back then, this distance was just right for them.