Four: The party

It had been a month since I met Toby and discovered that he was the spitting image of my imaginary childhood friend. The thoughts of how it was even possible that a man of the exact psychical and mental proportions of something I imagined to exist had stopped since there was no real answer to them. I had just got home from the store when I got a call. I looked down at my phone to see go it was, it was JG. I answered quickly as possible. "Hi!" I said a little to excitedly "Whats up!" "Well Holly I was wondering if you wanted to come over tonight." I could barely hold in my excitement. was this another date? Before I could answer he spoke again. "I'm having a party for all the people that worked on that one episode you helped me with. It premieres tonight." My excitement began to fade. "Yeah, sounds fun." I said less excitedly than I had answered the phone. "Great be here at seven!" JG said then hung up. I sighed as I went to my closet and began to look for something to wear.

It was 6:30 when I finally left my apartment and headed to JG's. I was the last one to arrive, and everyone else was there, even Toby. My mind began racing with thoughts and dilemmas of how tonight would go, but it was then I knew I would have to confront Toby.

After saying hello to JG I went in to make my move. Toby was sitting on the couch looking down at his phone. "Hi There! Toby right?" I said cheerfully as I walked over and sat down next to him. He looked up from his phone and then turned it off and put it down. "Hello, you're Holly correct?" I smiled as if I wasn't talking to an old friend from the past that I didn't even know existed "Yeah, You remembered." He smiled back "Well I'm not one to forget the name of pretty girls." I laughed "Thanks for the compliment." "Thanks for the nice view." he replied chuckling.

JG must of overheard because he looked up and then came up and sat down in between us. "H-hey guys." he said putting each on either side of me and Toby. "How's it goin?" Toby cleared his throat and responded. "Good, I'm just over here getting to know you're lovely friend Holly." I smiled and JG slightly laughed, but it didn't seem sincere. "You got that right, Holly is a lovely lady." he said smiling at me. Then he stood. "Hey Toby, mind helping me with something?" He asked. "Not at all." Toby replied standing and following JG towards the kitchen.

I could hear JG mumbling something to Toby but I couldn't make it out. 10 minutes the new show started to air and everyone sat down to watch. I tired to sit down next to Toby but JG sat between us again, what was up with him tonight?

after the show was over we all celebrated, which included large amounts of alcohol (mostly consumed by JG) and an epic tournament of team death matches on Call of Duty.

The party began to wind down after JG passed out on the floor and everyone slowly began to leave. Soon it was just me and Toby. I decided it was time I had better go and began to head towards the door. "Leaving so soon?" Toby asked and chuckled. I nodded "Yeah, What about you?" He looked down at JG quietly snoring on the floor. "I'm gonna move him to the couch first then probably go." I nodded again and opened the door. "Well goodnight." I said "goodnight" he said back and I walked out the door.

I got down to my car and put my key in the ignition and turned it. it sputtered and then stop. I tried again only to have the same thing happen. I cursed and hit the steering wheel. I tired once more with no luck. finally I got out of the car frustrated and called a tow truck. I looked up at the window to JG's apartment. The last thing I wanted to do was have to wake him up.