II

You took a deep breath, as Sebastian opened the manor doors. The bright golden light caused you to narrow your eyes a bit, but you widened them a few seconds later, taking in the beautiful interior of the classy manor. Inside, groups of people who were exceptionally well dressed chatted and and laughter floated in the air. There was quite a lot of people, and the delish smell of wine and food wrathed around everywhere. The manor seemed to sparkle.

     You stepped inside still intrigued by the sight. Your mother came after you and you heard your mother gasp in astonishment, which didn't happen very often. She was hard to impress, and was quite proud. She also had a very big ego. You leaned against one of the walls feeling shy, for you felt out of place. You haven't really attended any places as gorgeous as this one, even though your family was quite noble. You listened to the orchrestra play a soft piece, while a few couples started to dance.

     Looking around, you saw that your mother went up and starting talking to an especially wealthy looking pair of individuals, and you frowned. She had forgotten about you again, like always. It was not surprising, your mother was quite vain and envious of those who had more. You looked away as you mother tryed to suck up to them, her fake laughter and cheerful disposition disgusted you.

     "Ahem!"

     You jumped at the sudden voice, and turned around to look up at the grand staircase where the voice had come from. Everyone else did too. A yound boy stood at the top of the staircase, he looked about your age. Next to him was the same raven-haired butler that had greeted you at the entrance.

     Sebastian, was it? You thought. You looked back up as the boy started to speak once again.

     "Greetings everyone, thank you for attending this ball, I am Earl Ciel Phantomhive, the head of this family, and I hope you do enjoy this party." He smiled, and bowed down his head.

     Your eyes widened in shock. Many of the other guests had the same expression of shock, but Ciel just stood there proudly.

     This was Earl Phantomhive?!?! He's so young, he's my age!! How the hell did he become the earl being so young?!?!

     Ciel just walked calmly down the stairs, and started chatting and exchanging greetings. You took a closer look at him. He indeed was your age, and was strikingly handsome. You blushed. How could you think such ways?!?! You scolded yourself quietly, muttering under your breath.

     Ciel walked on, still exchanging greetings. You decided to sneak away, the thought of chatting with him made you nervous. You went back to your wall, but after a few minutes you got bored. You felt utterly lonely, watching everybody chat and mingle happily, while you stood there akwardly saying nothing. You did see some other guests around your age, but the thought of introducing yourself to someone like that made your heart race with nervousness. What if you did something wrong? The thought of embarassing yourself in public made you cringe. You gulped.

     Maybe I'll just stay here, by the wall....