6: Filrt

Y/N Pov

It has been a week since the first time I met the red-haired beauty. We exchanged phone numbers and we have been texting back and forth, I've been grinning at the screen of my phone every time I look at the message she sends, my heart pounded each time my phone vibrated and I was distracted the whole week of school only caring about when she was going to reply me.

"Hey, is there something you want to tell me?" Zero Two asked me as we sat in her room on Friday night, the pink-haired female was seated on the floor painting her toes a nice shade of matte black.

"Why do you ask?"

"Well, you have been distracted all week and even right now, you are smiling at your phone." She mentioned without even looking up from her toenail.

I did a quick debate of if I wanted to tell her, I did a quick change in the name and passed the phone to her. She stopped her painting and took the device scrolling through the messages with an ever-changing emotion.

It went from confusion to shock to sly as she kept reading.

"My, my, who is this lucky man you are flirting with?" She turned and asked with a smirk and an eyebrow raised.

My cheeks reddened, I felt for lying but I was not ready to tell her the truth.

"Erm...some friend's friend I met last week."

"Do you have any pictures?"

This lie was like a snowball that was tipped off a hill and was picking up more snow and growing bigger.

I shook my head.

"No, we only met once."

"Any social media?"

It did not occur to me how easy a lie can roll off a tongue.

"Nah, he is not into social interaction online."

"Ah, those kinds of guys. I like it." She purred with mischief. "What else?"

I thought about all the things that attracted me to Miku and just changed the pronouns I used.

"He has nice eyes, a gentle touch also he is very understanding and a very good listener."

She squealed and jumped onto the bed beside me, throwing her arms around me.

"I'm so happy for you! Your first boyfriend."

"He isn't my boyfriend."

"Yet. He isn't."

"Oh, shut up."

"Hey! Hey! Hey! He sent a text!" She squealed and read it out loud. "'Are you free tomorrow?' He is asking you out! What are you going to say?" She passed the phone back to me.

She peered over my shoulder as I typed in 'Yea, I am. Why?'

We stared at the screen waiting for a reply and it took only a minute.

'I'm asking you out, dumb dumb.' Was the reply I got.

"He is cute."

I nodded and replied with 'Where are we going?'

'Just to grab a meal and talk.'

'That sounds nice. Sure.'

'I'm glad. See you at noon.'

She then attached a location after that.

"He is so cute!" Zero Two squeals was sharp and painful in my ear but I was smiling because I was sharing this moment with my best friend. I threw my arms around her, squealing along with her. The moment my body touched hers and her hair hit my face, the smile on my face dropped and my heart ached, tears filling my eyes but I quickly blinked them away.

~~~~~

I put on the clothes that Zero Two picked out for me the night before and combed my hair.

'Good luck.'

My best friend sent as I was staring at my own reflection. In my own eyes, I saw excitement mixed with sadness and also guilt.

I took a deep breath and smiled whispering to myself "I can do this."

I walked out the door and headed to the given location that was sent to me. Miku was already there when I reached the café. I stood outside, looking at her for a minute before finally stepping in the place and walking over to sit at her table.

"Hey." She smiled.