12: Jealous

Y/N POV

My life has never been exciting but I never complained, I like a drama-free life so how the hell did it turn out like this.

Okay, I need a recap. I am currently dating an amazing girl right now but my ex-crush who is also my best friend just kissed me on the lips....what is that supposed to mean.

I sighed and laid back into my bed, hands covering my face in desperation.

I have a date with Miku in an hour, I really do want to go anywhere with anyone at the moment but we haven't seen each other for a while and I kind of miss her face.

Zero Two never shown any interest before so why now. I really don't understand, Hiro seems to be treating her nicely and everything seems so smooth between the two. Unless something happens and she didn't know how to tell me.

That's it.

I sat up in my bed and texted Zero Two to meet tomorrow. She agreed.

"That's all. She was just trying to hint me, she must be upset about Hiro."

I convinced myself and got out of bed to dress. Miku said she wanted to surprise me so I picked my best clothes.

"Hey." Miku greeted me with a smile when we met up.

"Hey," I replied back, quick to take her hand.

"What's the rush?" She giggles.

"I miss your hand that's all."

"My hand only? that's kind of creepy." She teased.

I laughed not witty enough to come back with some smooth line that would make her creamy soft cheeks light up like Rudolph's nose.

"So, where are we going?"

"Follow me." She said, her voice tinted heavily with excitement.

We walked for a bit before we reached a house. I know it wasn't hers because I've been to it before.

This house was 2 story and it was huge it looked like you needed to rob 3 banks before you could even think of getting it or maybe the designer just had really good taste, either way, it was impressive.

I turned to Miku with confusion written all over my face which obviously made her laugh.

"Just come on." She took my hand and walked up to the front porch.

She tapped on the door with a pattern. The door clicked unlock from inside.

She smiled and opened the door.

It happened in a flash, there was a popping sound from somewhere inside once the lights flickered on and a chorus of shouting "Surprise!"

I blinked, rubbing my eyes to make sure I was not dreaming. In front of me were not many people in all honesty but at the front stood Zero Two, Hiro, and some of Miku's friends that I met some time while we were dating. Above them was a banner with the words "Happy Birthday!" There was food on the side and decorations everywhere.

"I didn't think you would be this shock!" Miku bumped me in the side with a giggle.

"I forgot." They all stared in question. I shook my head, realising that sounded weird. I smiled and bowed to everyone "Thank you so much." There was a single tear rolling down my cheek when I straighten, my smile as wide as ever. "I forgot it was my birthday! Thank you so much!"

I turned and gave Miku a great big hug, kissing her forehead and thanking her.

"You are so silly!" She laughed. She pulled me closer to everyone else. "Let's get this party started!!" It did, my first party, that was for me, planned by the best person ever. I have never been so happy.

I dragged Miku away from the crowd midpoint, we had been separated talking to different people, I raised her so that she sat on the tabletop in the kitchen.

"This is amazing thank you," I said, my hands resting on her thighs. I reached up and gave her a kiss on her lips.

"You deserve it." She kissed me back, her hands threading into my hair and pulling me close. My hands ridding up under her skirt and down the side. Her skin was so warm and smooth.

We pulled apart when we were both out of breath, our faces red and our lips redder.

"I love you." She said softly.

I combed her hair out of her face, cupping it.

My eyes flicked behind her at the door.

A pair of emerald and a flash of pink before the figure disappeared.

"I love you too."

I replied and kissed her again. Slowly climbing up the counter with her inching back and laying down on the marble.

Our hands wondering, lips crashing, and heat rising.

I didn't see Zero Two for the rest of the party.