8: Head over heels

Y/N Pov

Over the weekend, I didn't call Zero Two in the end, each time I picked up mt phone ready to dial her number I keep seeing her smile.

It was also such a happy for me to see her smile, when has her smile so fake or is it only at that moment. Did it mean anything?

My mind kept going on and on until I give up and decided to talk to her at school.

I took my time going to school, dragging my feet when possible, and making it just before the first bell. I settled down into my seat beside Zero Two. Gosh, she smells amazing, she must have gotten a new shampoo.

"Morning."

I turned to her, smiling out of habit and greeted her back.

She pushed a strand of hair out of her face and behind her ear.

"You didn't call me."

I gulped and sighed, she was my best friend after all there is no way I could lie to her.

"I..erm...I was scared."

A little curl to her lips, not the fake smile I saw, the sweet smile I admired for so long. She took my hands in her soft ones and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Hey, it's okay. When you are ready to talk about it, I'm here."

My eyes shifted to her luscious lips, I'm overwhelmed by a sudden heat running through my body and the urge to lean in and kiss her.

No.

I stopped myself thinking about the list I made.

02 is just my best friend

I smiled and nodded, thanking her for being at my side. I was about to excuse myself to the restroom but the teacher has just entered.

Great.

Now I'm stuck in the seat beside a person that makes my heart race with my heart racing at a thousand miles per hour. I think I'm going crazy.

"You okay?" 02 leaned over to whisper in my ear halfway through the lesson.

No, I'm not okay.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You seem a little pale..."

Pale? I thought I would look as red as a tomato by now.

It's only now that she had snapped me out of my daze that I realised I have cold sweat running down my face and my hands were clenched into fists.

Wait what is happening. I'm pretty sure being conflicted about your love life would not do this to you.

Gosh, what is happening to me?

My breathing starts to get heavier and Zero Two was a silhouette in front of my eyes.

"I-i...cacan't see...." I breathed, trying to grab on to my friend who is supposed to be in front of me but all I seem to be grabbing was thin air.

A faint sound of Zero Two calling out to ring in my head.

I couldn't process anything.

My head felt like a ton and nothing at the same time.

That's when I blacked out.

A/N: oof yes this is how im dropping back. sorry for the late update school and stuff. I'll probably get another chap out by the end if the week but no promises

luv u all,
amateur-writer