Drei

"Annie?" A very familiar voice said as Chris and I walked into one of the clothes shops after we ate lunch.

I whipped my head around, my eyes catching his.

"Hyunjin?"

He was standing in front of two men wearing full black, and Hyunjin himself was wearing a bucket hat and mask.

"Why are you so hidden?" I asked, he shrugged.

"Are you with these guys?" I asked, he didn't reply and turned away.

"Why aren't you giving me answers?" I asked, noticing Chris waving at me from the underwear section of the store.

One of the men in the black clothes whispered something to Hyunjin and they left without saying anything to anyone.

"Huh?" I said, deflated as I walked over to Chris and helped him pick out a pack of underpants.

It was the evening and we met up with Changlix before going to eat dinner. After going shopping, Chris and I had gone bowling and watched a film.

I got out my phone and decided to text him if he wasn't going to answer me in person.

HWANG HYUNJIN
-
Hey, where did you go earlier?
-
He replied very quickly afterwards, maybe a minute or so after. He must not be doing something so important if he can reply quickly.

-
I forgot I was meeting with my grandparents, sorry

It's alright, when will I next see you then?

Perhaps the next party?

Hopefully before then

Hmm, does Annie like someone?

Not at all, just lonely

Same

But you're with family

It doesnt matter, you wouldn't understand

My mum told me to get off my phone, see you Annie

Bye Hyunjin

Bye
-

Our conversation was short but Felix noticed my different mood after it had finished.

"What's up?" He asked me after we ordered our food from the menu.

"Nothing- Hyunjin's just annoying me slightly."

"He's busy a lot of the time- don't worry about it."

"Alrighty." I said, Felix nodded.

The next few weeks were uneventful, Geography lectures and essays were challenging but interesting, I met up a few times with friends but didn't see Hyunjin at all. Though I wouldn't class us as friends, maybe acquaintances, it felt weird to not see him.

I went shopping on Sunday, as I needed to buy more clothes for the winter. It was starting to get really cold in Seoul, so I needed a pair of boots, a coat and some thicker tops or jumpers.

"Hmm- this is nice..." I said to myself, putting it into my basket so I could try it on and perhaps buy it.

I caught sight of a couple walking around the shop too, the male figure looking very similar to Hyunjin's.

I was sitting in the shoe section, trying on shoes when the girl of the couple came over, sitting beside me and trying on shoes too.

"Sorry- could you reach the top shelf? Size 4 please." The girlfriend asked me and I took her sized shoe off the rack easily.