Sieben

"Mum- can you please just pass the phone to Jackson?" I whined at my mum who was going on about how an old woman told her she looked only mid 30s today in the shop.

"Mum! I don't care- please can I talk to Jackson." I said, and she eventually passed the phone to him.

"Right- what do you want sis?" He asked, chuckling at my mum's silliness.

"One, I'm bored-" I said.

"And two?" He asked.

"Basically-" I said with one deep breath which made my brother chuckle.

"There we go-" He said, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"There'sthisboywholikesmebuthe's-engagedandIdontwanttobelikesomesortofmistressiftheygetmarriedandAAAHi-hateit." I said quickly.

"WHAT? AN ENGAGED MAN FELL FOR YOU?!" He shouted after a few seconds, and I could tell he was shaking his head.

"I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO! HYUNJIN-"

"His name's Hyunjin?" He asked, "Like the prince?"

"YAH! WHY DOES EVERYONE SAY THAT?!" I shouted at him, Jackson chuckled.

"As if you're dating a prince?"

"One. His name is Hwang Hyunjin, and you can infer whatever you want. And Two, WE AREN'T DATING!"

"Soon to be- he'll just un-engage his fiancée. You expect me to believe you've met a prince?!" He said, laughing.

"Yah! How dare yo-"

"I can tell you like him, you're getting all defensive."

"Shut up." I said, knowing he was right. Maybe I did just have to accept my feelings for Hyunjin.

"How's Mark?" I asked after a few seconds of silence where I could calm down.

"Who?"

"YOUR HUSBAND."

"Sorry- there's two Marks."

"Jack- you're stupid." I said, which caused a loud noise from his end of the call.

"DON'T SPEAK TO YOUR BROTHER LIKE THAT!" My mum shouted which made Jackson cackle.

"I'm coming back in a day or so- I want to meet this boyfriend of yours."

"For the last time-"

"Blah, blah, blah. Mum wants to talk again, bye Nini-" He said, then my mum was back on the phone.

Half the time Jackson was the most annoying brother in the world. The other half, he was dead to me.

"Alright- bye mum, bye." I said, and she kept saying goodbye before I hung up. She talked for a long time, I forgot how long she could talk for.

I got out of my bed, seeing the time was 8:30 and I had a lecture in half an hour.

Suddenly my phone was ringing, and although it was an unknown number, I picked it up.

"Hello?" I asked, and an elderly woman started to speak.

"Is this Annie?"