Chapter 12:Silence is the most

"I should get back to the camp. Harry and Ron must be looking for me,''said Hermione taking the wand.

''Sure,see you soon. Meet me later today in the clearing outside camp. North from your tent. ''

''I will. Love you. ''she said hugging him one last time before leaving the tent.

It was not long before she found the camp. It was in ruins and smoke was every where. No one was in sight until the entire sky lit up green.

She was shocked to see the form of a skullwith a snake running through its mouth fading into the horrizion.

''Hermione,is that you?'',called a voice from across the desolated land.

She turned to look at the figure approaching her. As he neared she saw it was none other than,Harry.

''I lost you in the crowd. Malfoy found me and redirected me. Whats with the skull and the snae in the sky?''

''it's the Dark mark,Hermione. It's the mark of Voldemort. The mark of his followers. They were the people theat attacked the camp tonight. In the run my wand fell from my pocket. So someone picked it up and cast the mark. '',explained Harry holding up his wand for her to see.

''Oh dear. Who did it?''

"That is the problem. We don't know. The others are back at the tent. Its just down here. '',said Harry pointing to the bend in the road.

It was later when Hermione left the tent to get some fresh air. She headed north like her father asked. The clearing was not far from the tent. It was in fact just behind a mount of ground. She could see the smoke from the tent touching the clouds.

Her father was standing in the middle of the clearing with none other than Lucuis Malfoy. He looked Hermione's way as she came over the mount of ground.

Serverus smiled,''Hermione,I believe you know Lucius. ''

''Yes,the father of Draco Malfoy. '',she replied carefully. Her father laughed and placed a hand on her shoulder

''Lucuis,meet my daughter,Hermione Granger. '', said Serverus proud. Lucuis looked at Hermione and then at Serverus and back at Hermione. His eyes wider each time. Looking for any resemblelance.

''Please to meet you,Miss Granger. You are indeed a worthy opponent to Draco. '',he sneered through his teeth. Glaring at Serverus with a 'what's-this-nonsens''-look.

''Honestly, sir, I am no opponent to Draco. My main focus is to never let myself down in my studies and my grades are important to me. I have a sense of duty to myself and only myself.'', she said in the most polite manner possible.

Lucius grinned at Hermione. He shaked his head and told Serverus he needed to get back to the tent. He walked of into the forest swining his cane impatiently beside him.

''You're just like your mother. She was loyal to herself and her studies. '', commented her father once Lucius was out of earshot.

"I hope that didn't sound to rude. '', she said worriedly.

''No, you said what needed to be said. Lucius has many ideas for his son. One of them-being the best at everything. Draco on the other hand is more of a laidback person. Does only enough to please someone and get them of his back. ''

''I see. ''

There was a short silence before Serverus cleared his throat to get Hermione's attention, ''Listen, Hermione, I have something to ask you. ''

She looked at him, ''Ask away. ''

''Would you move in with me. The mansion is quite lonely without any one. ''

Suddenly it felt like her breath was stuck in her lungs. She knew her father would ask this question to her but so soon.

''Can I have a day to think about it, Please?''

He smiled. He understood that she needed time. He went to sit on a fallen tree.

''Yes, sure. '', he said softly.

She walked over to him to hug him. She went to sit down. The air was cool and it was late in the afternoon. They sat there in silence enjoying each other's presence. She felt safe next to him. It was strange. He was on the opposite side of what she was yet she felt safe. 

So if you liked this chapter please vote and coment.Remember to add this to your library if you enjoyed it.It really helps out the story to get noticed!