Chapter 13:Departure is the hardest

Over a 108 reads thanks so much.Please give this chapter a vote and coment on what you whant to see in the Hermione and Snape bond?

It was three days later when Hermione returned to Grangers with a heavy heart. Today was the day she would have to leave muggle life behind for good. She returned early the morning before her parents left for work.

''Ah, you're back! Why didn't you send Merlin to tell us?'', Jane asked as she gripped onto her daughter after she stepped through the floo network.

''He was busy. I wanted it to be a surprise for you. ''

"How was the games?'', asked John as he was coming down the stairs.

''It was quiet interesting, father, Ireland won. ''

''That's good. Listen, dear, there is some leftovers in the fridge. You need help yourself. Your father and I will be back by five and then we'll go out for dinner. So be ready. '', said her mother instructively kissing her forehead before her father opened the door to the garage.

''I'll be here. '', she said trying to pull back the tears that wants to spill. She dashed to the kitchen to get some food. She waved though the window as the car disappeared out of the driveway.

She settled down to have her breakfast. Eggs on toast. She cleaned out her plate and looked at the clock on the wall.It was almost ten 'o clock. Her father would be here any minute now.

The floo flared up and her father stepped out. Serverus was wearing a black t-shirt and blue pants. His cloak was fastened loosely over his shoulders.

''Give me your wand. '', he said. Hermione dug into her jean pocket pulling out her vinewood wand. She handed it to her father. He placed it on the dining room table before muttering, ''celo.''

It was a concealment charm. Serverus's wand  crafted what looked like a pure white veil. He lowered it onto Hermione 's wand. As it neared her wand it took its shape. Covering it completely. Serverus handed her her wand.

''What did you do?'', she asked shocked

''I concealed it from the ministry's detection. It will only last for today. So we better get moving. ''

Hermione nodded. Serverus took to the photos in the living room. Hermione walked to her room and opened her suitcase. She opened her closet and waved her wand.

The close floated out one by one landing gracefully in the suitcase in neat folded piles. She started to remove her wallpaint. The flowers and birds. She replaced the wall colour with grey and brown. Her bed she transfigured into a large double bed.

She kept removing the traces of her very existence throughout her house. Serverus took to the attic to remove any evidence of her. She searched her adoptive parents' entire closet.

By lunch time Hermione and her father had covered most of the house. He room was cleared of any evidence that she existed. The only place that wasn't covered was the kitchen.

Hermione was finishing the kitchen up while Serverus transported most of her stuff to the manor.

***

Later that afternoon the granger couple returned home. Nothing was out of place. Hermione watched silently as her mother and father drove up the drive way through the window of the dining room.

''Hermione, are you ready to go? I'm just grabbing my purse.'', she heard her mother from the corridor.Her heels clipped on the wooden floor. She rounded the corner. She stopped. Hermione turned her head towards her mother.

''I just wanted to say goodbye before I leave. '', she said in a raw voice. She heard the car door close and her father walk through the garage door. She heard heavy footsteps that stopped shortly. She heard the wisp of magic. She would keep her mother occupied.

''What do you mean, dear?'', her mother said placing her handbag on the table.

''I found my biological family this summer. I am returning to Wizarding world for good. I am sorry for not telling you sooner. ''

''How did you know you were adopted? Your Father and I never told you. ''

''A letter my father wrote. I have had it since I arrived here. ''

''You contacted him through Merlin. '', she said.

Hermione nodded. She could see Serverus standing behind her mother waiting for her signal.

''I removed all my belongings. After I wiped your memory there will be no trace of my existence. It is better this way. '', she said bravely. Fighting the tears.

''Oh my dear, you don't have to. ''

''I have a fear that soon someone will try to harm you because of me. It is not easy but it has to be done,I'm sorry. ''

With that she nodded and Serverus whispered, ''Obliviate, ''

She saw her mother's eyes close. Her heart broke. She just took a woman's memories. Of her child.

This was so sad to write but it had to be done.You know the drill please cote and voment(vote and comment)It really helps the story out!