Chapter 22:Time to dance.

1k views!!!Something to celebrate!Stick around for the end for a quick Q&A.Remember to Vote and Coment.

Hermione giggled as she ducked a branch from a tree. She scooped up a bit of snow before hurtling it in the general direction of her father. She heard a soft thud.

''Hatchets my hair!'', yelled the blonde.

''Sorry Drake, ''she giggled and she quickly ducked behind a nearby rock, shielding herself from the line of fire. . Draco joined her behind the rock.

''The adults are surely not rusty on this game.'', Draco said as he hurled a snowball toward Narcissa whom was peering from a nearby tree. It hit her square in the face.

''They're definitely not. '', she agreed.

Hermione threw a snowball at her father but he quickly dodged it. He hurled one at her and she was hit on the chest. The adults quickly surrounded her and Draco. The snowballs rained down onto them. Once they gave up they all went inside the warm castle.

''That was fun. '', chimed Hermione.

''It was, I like showing you every so often that I am still a bit younger than you think. '', mocked Severus as Narcissa gave him a cup of warm coffee.

''Just remember Hermione, our age has nothing to do without speed. '', she said smiling warmly, ''if you would excuse me. I am going to get ready for the Christmas Ball. ''

***

''I feel like we are the royal family. '', said Hermione as she stood beside Draco in a small room next to the ballroom. They were waiting for the adults to arrive.

''My mother and Father like to do things the old fashion way. We are the hosts by the way. '', he said taking her hand.

''I know. I just can't warp my head around it. '', she said.

Draco let out a chuckle, ''It takes time to re-adjust. By the way. You look beautiful. ''

She smiled. The light ice blue dress was lined with wool around her collar and the wide sleeves covered her arms.

''Thank you. '', she said.

She turned to the direction of footsteps and smiled. Severus was dressed in a dark blue and black set of robes. Narcissa matched Lucius's colour scheme of dark blue and ice blue mixed with wool. He dress was a lot more like the medieval dresses but it had a nice modern touch to it.

''Ready?'', her father asked.

She just nodded. They all went to stand in front of the great imperial door. First it was Narcissa, Lucius and Severus then it was Hermione and Draco. This will be the first time they would open their relationship to the world.

As the doors opened she could hear the chatter of the guest slowly fading away. The ballroom was beautifully decorated with white flowers and blue lint. The guest marvelled at them as they all walked down the makeshift aisle the people have created. The adults joined the crowds as Hermione and Draco took to the dancefloor as the orchestra started to play.

She felt his hand secure her back and she gripped his other hand. They wltz slowly across the floor but as the strings started to launch into an arpeggio she was released from Draco's grip.

She twirled around him and he caught her gentle. They kept dancing gracefully across the room. It was like she danced all her worries away. The faces melt from her sight and it just became a blur.

''So, would you like to do this at the Yule ball?'', whispered Draco as he pulled her close. She placed her hands on his shoulders as he lifted her into the air.

''I don't know. Its quiet a daunting thing to do. '', she replied softly to him as she broke away.

He grabbed her hand that she stretched to him. He leaned into their weigh turning around the room. He then pulled her close to him.

''If your friends and my friends are like us. They would be able to push aside our differences.''

''I am not scared of the that. What everyone else would say scares me more. '', she said as they waltz tightly together.

''Does everyone else know you?''

''No, sits just gossip can destroy one's life. ''

''Those who know you is all that matters. '', he said as he tipped her as the last notes played.

She smiled as he pulled her up right. He was right. The people that know her will support her no matter what.

Immediately the music resumed and the guest filled the dance floor. Hermione quickly left the room. The balcony was rather empty. She looked at the stars above her.

''Lucius, the futher we get from the old residence won't help anything. '', she heard the voice.

''He is rising and my family is at stake. If he regains power-my family will be drawn into some dark pool. The gossip will never end. '', came the frantic voice of Lucius. She slowly walked to where the sound was coming from.

Around the corner in the dark she could see two figures, definitely male arguing about something. One was Lucius. The other one sounded like her father.

''Lucius, if you flee and he succeeds to find you. Your family will suffer the same or much crueller fate mine did. ''

There came a sigh. What were they talking about? Who was rising? Was it You-Know-who?

''If I can take my family to somewhere safe from here, like America or Africa. You could join us. ''

''Lucius, don't you get it. If he finds it that you betrayed him. There will be no mercy, I can't help you. '', came the voice.

''Please Severus, while we still can-''

''Can go where?'', she said aloud stepping into sight.

In the darkness Severus' face was suddenly washed with worry. What had she heard.

''Hermione, this is not what it looks like. ''

''I know dad, You're not having an affair with Lucius. ''

Her father let out a small chuckle.

''That is not what I meant. ''

''Then what is it then. '', she asked crossing her arms in front of her chest.

''Adult things you are not to concern yourself with. '', replied her father, ''Now go and find Draco. You still have lots of time to talk. ''

Q&A

1.How long does it take you to write a chapter?

Writing is quick.It is about an hour but after that I do four hours of editing.Round one:spelling,Round two:grammar.Round three:sentences and the flow of the story.Round four:does everything make sense.Round five:final detials.

2.When did you get the idea of this book?

I got it form a fanvideo from youtube.You Can let go now daddy.It is based of that.I havev taken creative liberty to change it up a bit.

3.Do you have a real novel in the works?

Yes a fantasy novel that is looking for a home!

More questions can be sent in via PM or comments on my wall or this story.Also I am currently working on getting my Instagram profile unprivate for you guys-I'll tell you next week!