e i g h t

we had barely made it through the door and i could hear my name being called. i ran to the desk and told them i was here. the receptionist smiled and told me the room number. of course i already know the number, i've been here far too many times.

luke follows me like a lost puppy as i make my way down a long corridor. we get to the room and i let out a long exaggerated sigh before opening the door. i turn back to luke and tell him he can wait outside if he wants.

"no. no. no. come in. both of you. aubrey it would be nice to talk to someone you know."

damnit.

there was no way to get out of this now.

luke wandered in and took a seat in front of the therapists desk. honestly she was a lovely lady - donna evangeline is her name. deep down i knew she meant well and wanted to help me but i was awful to her. i screamed and shouted all the time, i even threatened her. but she's stood by me and she does help so im very thankful.

"so let's get straight to the point." she said as i took my seat next to luke.

"when was the last time you drank?" she continued.

"i don't know. maybe a few days ago."

"aubrey...we both know that's a lie." she looked at me with pity in her eyes.

i could see luke shift uncomfortably from the corner of my eye but i just ignored him. this wasn't really any of his business anyway.

"last night then." i snapped back.

she looked at me dead in the eye. she could always tell when i lied and she could see right through them.

"this morning, before we left. not a lot though. i just had one swig. you know i hate these. it just helps me get through." i said slowly. making sure i got my point across and didn't seem as desperate as i really was.

lukes eyes had widened and he seemed almost angry but it was clear he cared and felt bad for me.

i could feel tears brimming at the corners of my eyes. i didn't even know the reason why until they started to fall. i hated this. i hated feeling this weak and like i needed someone to save me. but maybe i did. and i just needed to except that and let it happen.

i quickly wiped the tears and no one said anything about it. thankfully i didn't have to explain myself.

she turned to luke.

"so, who are you?"

"i'm luke. hemmings. im bree's ... friend."

he said the word 'friend' with slight hesitation and a hint of bitterness.

the rest of the meeting was boring and consisted of donna giving me more medication to take and her and luke flirting - a lot.

my blood was boiling inside me. my stomach was churning and all i wanted was to walk out. but i didn't. i sat there and watched the boy i had most certainly fallen in love with over the years and who i now referred to as 'daddy', was flirting with my therapist. oh what a lovely day this was.

word count; 544

he he he. no smut for u :) this was v short bc i wanted to skip past this entire therapist bit and get to what happens next. xo