Lost in the Mountains #solotravel

It was in that moment that I knew. Surrounded by the mountains of Peru. Each one that loomed over me- bigger, grander, taller than the last and yet inviting figures. Every one unaware of me- aware only that they have always stood here- wizened, complete and imperfectly perfect. Like a thumbprint of a new born baby mixed with the essence of the strongest tornado. Indifferent to their power. I knew that nature was bigger and better than me. And at the same time; a part of me. I was made from the oxygen of the gnarled, gargantuan trees of the Amazon, I would return to the soil and be part of new life. We are mingled with stardust and the stuff of dreams and nightmares. Everything is connected; bigger than us- so much bigger and older and wiser and yet smaller too.

I wish I could have bottled this feeling. It rose deep from inside me and like a warm white light had filled me up until I was glowing from inside. I wish I could peer into the light filled bottle when I'm feeling lost, overwhelmed or simply stuck in my own head. A reminder that the universe is bigger than anything we could ever dream. Life is beautiful; all we need to do is open our eyes and embrace it.