Chatper 4

When I woke up I was still at the lot with Johnny. I nudged Johnny and he woke up with a start. I rubbed my eyes and told Johnny I was going to walk to the park. He said okay and went the other way.

As I walked, my mind was trolling me with thoughts. I missed my best friend, my mom... my mom.. I hope she is okay. She must be a teenager in this time. I probably shouldn't find or talk to her, it might ruin future time.

I was walking and looking at the ground, when I ran I to some girl. " Oh gosh, I'm sorry sweetie. Are you okay?" she asked me. " I'm okay." I said as I looked up.

She looked very familiar. She had red hair, a beautiful smile, and she looked like a Soc, but a nice one. " Uh, if you don't mind me asking.. what is your name?" I asked confusingly. " Sherri Valance, but my friends call me Cherry cause my hair." she said giving me a smile. I smiled back.

She was my mom. she asked me the question to me in the same tone, like she trying to figure me out.

Before I could answer, some boy came up behind her. " Hey Cherry lets get going." he said. " Okay Bob. Nice seeing you." Cherry said before walking away. " Nice seeing you to... mom." I mumbled to myself with a smile.

I walked in the same direction where Ponyboy was jumped yesterday. I never got a chance to walk that way so, I did. As I walked, my luck, I tripped on my shoe string. I heard footsteps come towards me, actually it was more like four or five.

I was still on the ground and I looked up to see who was walking towards me. It was Ponyboy and four others.

" Hey Peyton. Are you okay? I saw you trip." Ponyboy said. " Yeah, I'm okay." I told him. " Hey Peyton, I meant to ask if maybe, you would like to go to The Nightly Double with me tonight?" as soon as he said that, my heart stopped. I was speechless. if that's not love, someone tell me. " Sure, of course." I said with a smile. The four guys were all staring at me and making me feel uncomfortable. They looked like the people who came to help Ponyboy yesterday.

Ponyboy smiled at me and I did true same to him. Our eyes were locked. I couldn't stop looking into him grayish-greenish eyes. Ponyboy was so perfect. He was very nice and caring. I snapped out of my day dream when I remembered the date.. is it called a date? I don't know.

" See you tonight. Where would you like to meet up?" I asked. " Let's meet at the park at 6:25 so we can eat and go to the movie." Ponyboy told me. I told him okay and left feeling butterflies.