Chapter 7 The Night

When we got there, it wasn't too packed. Pony and I got a table with two chairs. I looked to the kids on my left. They were playing chess. My dad taught me chess when I was littler. We had all the time in the world back then. Now I rarely see him.

I was thinking about joining them, but then the waitress was here. " Hello, I'm Laken. I will be severing you today. What can I get you to drink?" she said and asked kindly. " Ill have Pepsi." I told her. Pepsi. I love Pepsi. It's one of my favorite drinks, hence, I have a sweatshirt with a Pepsi logo on it.

I was brought back to the world when Ponyboy said what he wanted. " I'll have the same." he replied.

...

After we left the diner, it was getting dark, so we headed on out to the Nightly Double. It was real cold out. I was wishing I had a jacket. Ponyboy had on one, but he used his head. I don't.

We sat there in peace and watched the movie. It was a mystery movie. Kinda like Sherlock Holmes, kinda, but not like that. It was close though.

While we were there, something caught my attention. I zoned out of the movie to think for a moment.

I thought.. I can't ' fall in love ' with Ponyboy. I'm not from this time period. I have to tell him, but when? Of course not now. Its obviously rude to do that. Maybe when I get the chance I will, but for now I want to enjoy this night I have with Ponyboy. I think this is going to be the only time I'll have fun like this.