Turning onto his side, Luke sighed quietly. An arm was around his lower abdomen, and the lights were off allowing darkness to consume the two best friends who lay together. Rain pelted on the roof of the cabin. And Ashton allowed his warmth to keep Luke comfortable.

But, Luke could not sleep, his mind was whirling with all kinds of thoughts. Thoughts about when he gets back home, would him and Ashton just go back to being friends? Did he want that? He cheated on Arzaylea, and though he believed she cheated on him as well. He was no a shitty person and felt guilty about it. He would have to tell the truth to her, but then what? Knowing Arzaylea she would probably beat the shit out of him, and he truly didn't want to deal with that. He hated sitting there and being smacked, scratched, punched, and kicked. And it's not like he could fight back, because if he did he knew he would be one in trouble when the cops showed up.

Don't put your hands on a woman, but what if the woman is beating the crap out of you. And you're cornered so that the only way out of it would to at least be to push her? He was never one to support violence, but when he was put in those situations with Arzaylea, he felt like he was standing in front of a roadblock. A roadblock of his own self-hatred, and fear of being arrested. Not to mention the tabloids, they would go berserk upon knowing that the cops were at the Luke Hemmings house.

Luke was engaged right now, but he didn't want to marry her. Being stuck with Arzaylea seemed more like a nightmare than a dream. Why did it take him so long to realize that? Ashton had been here this whole time, wanting to help Luke. He had been so blind, Ashton truly deserved better than someone who didn't acknowledge him for years and years.

How many times had Ashton been broken just by knowing that Luke wasn't his, nor did he reciprocate any feelings back towards his friend? It must be lonely, a one way street of love. It must be painful emotionally. He is an artist after all, how many pieces were inspired by Luke?

The blue-eyed pianist pulled out of Ashton's arms, careful not to wake up the handsome tattoo covered sleeping man. Ashton had a smile on his face, and he seemed pleased with the situation at hand. Whereas, Luke was going crazy internally. He was never a fan of dealing with his problems, and part of him felt he would be better off taking his car and driving somewhere else. Forgetting Arzaylea, forgetting Ashton. But he didn't want to leave Ashton.

Could he have Ashton without any of the problems that came before him? Knowing Ashton, he would force Luke to face Arzaylea to make sure that part of his life never comes back to haunt him. But, he had never been one to stand up for himself, he was a bystander and was ashamed of it.

Reaching around in the darkness, Luke grabbed his boxers hanging from the cracked open drawer of the nightstand. Slipping them on, and walking through the large lovely cabin. Down the stairs and hallway, towards the room with the gorgeous grand piano. He made sure to close the door, looking out the window as he opened the outer-casing which blocked the white and black keys. Sitting down upon the bench in front of the piano, and letting out a sigh of contentment.

"I hope I don't wake Ashton," Luke said softly, as he began playing from his head. A song made from his emotions, but he didn't write down the chords. It was more of a personal song, rather than a song to mass produced for the world to listen to. He hummed, closing his eyes as he played. Wishing Ashton was singing along with the melody because he truly had the voice of an angel. An edgy angel.

Luke was never one to be good at writing lyrics, he did it, but that doesn't mean he's good at it. But when it came to piano music, he felt like it was something he was actually great at. Many talented pianists consistently praised Luke for his talents, but the man refused to accept the fame. Though he did play for large audiences, he preferred not to go on tour or concerts outside of Sydney. He refused to do collaborations, or have anyone else write his music besides himself. Some called him an idiot for his preferences, even his own boss, but he was the one making him money. Therefore, his specific style with the way he chose to live his life and make his music, made his boss have no choice but to accept it.

The door behind him creaked open, but Luke was too much in his happy place to even notice or acknowledge Ashton walking tiredly. In just his boxers, the beautiful music had floated up between the cracks between each wooden floorboard. If it had been Arzaylea, Luke would've had a rude awakening out of his zone, which most likely would have been a harsh slap to the face.

But Ashton wrapped his warm muscular ink-covered arms around Luke's bare waist. Resting his chin on Luke's shoulder, his voice raspy, and just the sound of it made Luke's face become a bright red shade.

"Why are you awake at this time cutie? Couldn't sleep?" Ashton asked softly.

"My thoughts are consuming me, Ashton, I can't sleep even though I really want to," Luke admitted, pulling the black cover over the keys. Turning and hugging Ashton, snuggling into his warm chest. Ashton having a smile on his face, as he was the one to comfort Luke.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Luke felt tempted to, but at the same time, guilty to make Ashton stay awake at now 4 am, to listen to him whine. "Shouldn't you get to sleep, you're the one driving us home tomorrow."

"I'd rather listen to you vent Luke, I've waited years for this- sleep can wait." Ashton smiled, kissing the top of Luke's hand. Admiring Luke's face flush, as the man stuttered out a noise of shyness.

"Well, I mean I feel guilty Ashton. I feel bad for cheating, I mean, I'm currently engaged right now. You're going to get mad just listening to me talk, you despise Arzaylea. But I never thought I would stoop to her level...you're going to state how she cheated on me. That doesn't mean I should go do the same thing." Luke rambled, Ashton, watching him in silence. Not speaking for a few minutes to take in how he should respond to Luke. The blonde was a good-hearted person, and Ashton couldn't relate to the guilty feeling that Luke would be experiencing at the moment.

He used his large hand to caress Luke's cheek, biting his lip due to concern that he would be too harsh in giving advice to Luke. "You need to break off the engagement and admit to Arzaylea what we did together. I could be with you when you do it."

"I don't know Ashton, am I ready to break off a relationship I've been in for years. What if Arzaylea and I go to couples therapy. Maybe there's a chance for us to be happy."

Ashton stared at Luke silently, feeling dead just listening to Luke speak. Had their conversations about Arzaylea's abuse done nothing? He was so tired of having Luke unknowingly playing with his heartstrings.

"Luke," Ashton sighed, his eyes not lifting from the floor to meet Luke's, "I'm going back to sleep. You're indecisive, you always have been...and I truly just can't continually put myself through this every time. I brought you out here to maybe bring some sense into that cute mind of yours, and I thought you had finally stopped making yourself love Arzaylea, despite all the suffering she causes you. I've tried for so many years to be perfect for you, and it's truly making me feel tired and maybe even worsening my depression." Ashton admitted.

The pianist felt horrible as he listened to Ashton because he had known the punk for so many years but he had never really been as real as he had been with the blonde, these past few days. He was hurting his best friend, and he had been hurting him for years now. And even when Ashton informed him of the unrequited love situation, he still continued to play with the artist's emotions.

Before he could say anything, Ashton had pulled away from Luke and silently made his way back upstairs to the bedroom. Luke hating that love even existed at this point, for all it caused him was stress and pain. He had thought that venting to Ashton would get some of the weight off his shoulders, but instead, it made him feel worse.

He turned and crossed his arms over the top of the piano keys cover, laying his eyes over his arms as he felt tears leave them. Trying his best to remain silent rather than allow Ashton to hear him crying. He was such an idiot, why couldn't he just be in love, and be happy.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Thank you for reading
Vote + comment
I love you all
~Jess