열한

The silence was simply killing him, and he felt like in any minute he would lose his sanity. Ashton has begun loading the car with their belongings and wasn't talking to Luke.

He had woken up around the afternoon after retreating from the grand piano room, and Ashton had already been awake before him. They were nearly ready to leave, and Luke felt the tension tearing him apart. Luke walked towards the back porch and opened it, stepping out and walking into the water up to his ankles.

Breathing out softly, and closing his eyes. Allowing a cool breeze to brush past him,
"What am I supposed to do?" He whispered softly, rubbing his arm. Feeling tired and emotionally drained.

"Come on Luke, it's time to leave," Ashton stated, he was standing in the doorway, his hazel eyes staring at Luke. In his hands, he was holding a pair of flip-flops for Luke to put on. Luke sighing and walking out of the water, taking the flip-flops from Ashton and walking towards the car where all of their belongings had been put.

"You packed everything?" Luke asked softly, feeling awkward talking to Ashton. Rubbing his arm subconsciously out of all the guilt he felt. He hurt his best friend-, something he'd never want to do intentionally. He placed the flip-flops on the dirt road the car was parked on, and slipped his feet into them. Getting into the passenger seat of the car, and clipping his seatbelt in.

Ashton got in the driver's seat, clipping his seat belt in, "of course I did, are you doubting me?" He asked, his eyes not looking at Luke's, for he simply couldn't look the love of his life in the eye knowing that, the feeling was one-sided. Or so he thought.

Shaking his head quickly, Luke rushed to pick up the aux cord connected to Ashton's car radio. Plugging it into his phone, and playing music to attempt to ease the mood.

"Baby stay with me, I feel it happening, I guarantee, with every inch of me," Luke sang softly as Ashton drove along the rough dirt road. Swaying his body in the seat to the music. He shut his blue eyes as he sang, and felt the car jolt to a stop. Ashton leaving the keys in as he got out of the car to return the cabin keys to the lady at the front desk.

A few minutes passed, and Luke was busy scrolling through his Spotify songs to see Ashton strolling back over to the car. Startled by Ashton opening the door as he was singing I Wanna Be Yours by the Arctic Monkeys.

"Ready?" Ashton asked, handing Luke a popsicle he had bought for him inside the shop.

A chuckle fell from Luke's lips, "I wish I was...a large part of wishes I could stay here forever. Work as a recluse, releasing my music and never performing live for the audiences who love it. But that'd be too selfish of me."

"Sometimes it's okay to be a little selfish," Ashton replied, his hazels still refusing to meet Luke's blues as he drove on the back road leading towards the highway.

"I'm surprised you're talking to me, but I'm glad you are."

Ashton opened his mouth to speak but closed it. Seeing how Luke's smile turned into a pout seeing how he caused Ashton to stop talking.

"I don't want you to go back to her," Ashton whispered, clenching his hands on the steering wheel. Biting his lip out of stress and frustration.

Luke turned away and stared out the window at the fast-moving trees. "A part of me doesn't want to either," he admitted, turning on his phone and feeling it vibrating like crazy from all the messages from Arzaylea which were just now sending.

"You belong with me," Ashton stated, taking one of Luke's hands and holding it. Rubbing the top of Luke's hand with the pad of his thumb.

Luke hummed at the interaction but didn't say anything back. Lost in his thoughts, he would rather think than respond with something stupid or barely thought about. He had to confess to Arzaylea what he did with Ashton, and knowing her she would probably explode on him.