The Auction

Sunil Gavaskar's 1985 book, 'One Day Wonders' based on India's World Championship of Cricket triumph, had an interesting anecdote.
Skipper Gavaskar himself, Mohinder Amarnath and Madan Lal were three players above 30 in the playing XI during that tournament in Australia. Whenever one among the three would take a smart catch, field well or get a direct throw right, the others would come and say "Well done OT". 'OT', according to Gavaskar, was the short form of 'Over Thirty' - a bit of self deprecating humour to let people know that "age indeed is just a number".
Mahendra Singh Dhoni surely doesn't have any fancy terms reserved for his bunch of veterans but indeed his 'OTs' have done him proud.
Yet they are a complete antithesis to what everyone terms as 'Dad's Army
The reason Delhi Daredevils is termed as the "worst" ipl franchise is the exact reason why CSK is a cut above the others.....they won half of their battle at the auction table....The CSK management and Ms Dhoni had built the team of experienced campaigners who had won ipl titles before and had done exceptionally well for their respective franchises....CSK surely had a team which had exactly what it takes to win an IPL. The players who formed the core group of the team were all above 30 and the average age of the team was 31. Csk had chosen the players who were written off by others...players who were "finished" according to the media and the people....Ms Dhoni(36) Shane Watson(37) Suresh Raina(32) Ambati Rayudu(31) DJ Bravo(34) and many players over 30...... They had gone for many spinners...there were as many as 9 spin options in the squad....they had gone for many all rounders too Shane Watson, Ravindra Jadeja and DJ Bravo were the main all rounders...there were a total of 10-11 all rounders in the team. Well people started trolling the team...some people even named it "Chennai Senior Kings"....well by the way csk played they made all the other teams look like kids in front of them...