~25~

*Jaeden's POV*

My friends are literally insane. That's about everything I'm thinking right now. A bet? A bet?!

I do not in any way get how they even come up with this, let stand actually enjoy it. First of all, why are they always competing with those older guys? It's not like they're the bullies they are in the movie. Sometimes I really have the idea they don't realize that.

It's mostly joking around, I know that, but it's just always 'us' versus 'them' while we're all friends.

I don't know, I'm probably just trying to take my mind off my own 'problems'. The truth is, I never know if I should call it 'problems', because these are things everyone goes through at some point. Feeling bad for myself is really not something I normally do.

My mind is just all tangled up, all the time. I can't think of one thing at a time. Guess I'll just blame puberty.

Just as I was lost in my thoughts, I got a text. I jumped up a bit, because of the sound, and Wyatt noticed. "Everything okay?"

He's always sarcastic, but it's so sweet when he shows he cares. "Yeah, fine." I smile and grab my phone, to see Lilia sent me a message.

'Can you facetime me? It's for something important and I wanna do it in the most face-to-face way possible'

I shift in my seat. Sending messages in all seriousness isn't really like her... and I'm afraid I already know what this is about.

We're both so busy with our jobs that we're almost always apart and sometimes we struggle with it. It's hard to maintain a relationship like that and we both know it, we just haven't really talked about it. She probably thought now is the right time to do talk about it. Well, I'm sorry sweetie but you couldn't have picked a worse moment than this. Literally everyone is here at the moment!

I'm wondering if it'd be smart to tell Wyatt about this, maybe he could think along with me, he always knows what to say. On the other hand, he can get really, really... involved. Involved as in: he gets way too defensive and overreacts without thinking.

Looking next to me, where Wyatt's seated, I see him looking at Sadie and Millie, who won't stop giggling.

I laugh at the sight of the boredom thats all over his face and gently tap on his shoulder. He turns around immediately and smiles softly, "What's up?" he whispers. I nod my head to the back door, but he doesn't seem to get it. He tilts his head and raises one eyebrow. Yet again, his facial expression makes me giggle, which only has him more confused.

Finally, I stand up. Wyatt still looks at me like I'm a complete fool, so I just reach out for his hand and pull him up from the couch. In all confusion, he follows me to the back door.

When we're outside, we can finally talk again. "I didn't want the others to look at us so.." I say with a breathy laugh. We're still walking further into the huge garden, Wyatt having no idea what's going on.

"What are you gonna do to me?" A big smirk is plastered on his face. I laugh and slap his arm, "Oh shut up! I seriously want to talk to you!" Wyatt inhales deeply and says: "I'm all seriousness mr Lieberher." For a short second we smiled at each other, before we both looked down.

I love my best friend.

I watched as Wyatt was walking, his head pointed towards his shoes, visibly laughing at his own words, but trying to keep it in.

Guess I'll have to bring it up now...
"So... it's about Lilia." I look over at him carefully and his laughing immediately fades.

"Okay what about her?" His voice sounds completely emotionless. He doesn't give one single shit about Lilia, but it's okay, because he's still willing to help me. And on top of that, he has a completely superficial view when it's about her, which can also help me.

I scrape my throat, seeing Wyatt just staring into the distance. He doesn't like her, but why is this such a sensitive topic to him?

"So uhmm... I think we're breaking up." He turned his head around and frowns in disbelief. "Wha- already?"

So, I explained everything to him, ending with the part of her wanting to FaceTime right now and the fact that Wyatt has to help me with it. And the whole time, he seemed genuinely interested, which are usually not the words that come up when you think about Wyatt. Let stand Wyatt hearing a story about Lilia.

"Okay so... let's do it! Let's call her." We just passed the pool and all of a sudden Wyatt sounds enthusiastic. I giggle at his excitement and he looks at me, "What's so funny?"

"I don't know. Isn't this like a girl-thing?" Wyatt looks at me like I'm crazy. "What the hell do you mean?"

"Yeah, asking your best friend what to say to your love interest? Asking advice about that stuff? Girls do that, right?" Wyatt laughs at my comment, like a parent does when a kid says something funny. I give him a death glare and he holds his laugh. "Well, I don't know, but I believe there are no rules to that. Just call her already you sissy!"

Okay, okay! I mouth and lift my hands up in defense. Wyatt gives me a cheeky laugh and hands over my phone, which he was holding to read the text Lilia had sent me.

I sigh. Here we go. I give Wyatt a nervous look and he nods, while the phone is ringing. The slow beeps are only making me more nervous. What if this isn't even about breaking up? All of this stress would've been for nothing.

Suddenly I see the call is connecting and I lift the phone up to my face.
"Hi Jae!"

I feel a tingling feeling in my stomach. Yep, I'm definitely still in love with her.
I pause the call for a second and tell Wyatt to go inside, since there's a change of plans. He looks a bit confused, but today has been all kinds of confusing, so I'm guessing he can take it.

As soon as Wyatt turns his back on me, I return to the call. I keep following him with my eyes, until he's inside. He's so supportive of me, I literally couldn't ask for a better friend.

"Jae are you still there?" She says giggling. Shit. She's so cute.

"Hey...how are you?"
She smiles. "I'm doing great, I just auditioned for a really cool role!"
"That's amazing! How'd it go?"
I feel genuinely excited for her, which got me wondering if this relationship could work out after all...

——————————-
it's been so long and I've been writing this even though i'm on a huge writers block so I'm really sorry if this sucks but enjoy anyway

groupchat ➸ IT and ST castजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें