011,

011, WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER PRETEND TO BE ME .

        BOTH the Shelby and the Jordan clans had united in the snug of the Garrison pub, under the strict instructions of none other than John Shelby himself

        BOTH the Shelby and the Jordan clans had united in the snug of the Garrison pub, under the strict instructions of none other than John Shelby himself. So, here they all were, gathered and awaiting for the big news John had that he planned to tell his family. Eddie was determined to be the first there, and so he had dragged Will, Tilly and, a rather grumpy, Katherine out of their family home to the Garrison in the late morning. Reluctantly, the Jordan woman downed her first glass of whisky that day, before leaning against the wall beside the window.

Since unveiling her feelings toward her best friend to herself, Katherine had made it her mission to steer clear of Tommy at all costs. After everything they had been through together, as best friends, Katherine didn't want to ruin that, in fear of her world crashing down around her. Tommy meant so much to her, whether she was in love with him or not, and she didn't want to lose her best friend over some stupid unreciprocated love. So, she had opted to actively avoid him. Which, was easier said than done when all Tommy wanted was to protect her.

Bar Polly and Tommy, the others had been sat and stood around waiting for the aunt and nephew to arrive for at least fifteen minutes, so John could finally tell his family the news he had been itching to tell since he first sat the Jordan's waiting for him, when he arrived with Arthur. Finally, the doors to the snug swung open, and in strutted Polly, with Tommy strolling in closely behind his Aunt. His eyes instantly latched onto the brunette across the room from him. Katherine looked away. Polly sent her a knowing look. Katherine rolled her dark eyes.

"All right, John. There's only one man — no." Tommy began, shaking his head as he declined a drunk from Arthur, sat his arm draped around Tilly's shoulders. Arthur shrugged, keeping the alcoholic drink for himself. Tommy continued talking to John, "— There's only one man guarding the house. What's troubling you?"

    "Right. Polly, you know what it's been like — since Martha died." John finally spoke, after clearing his throat. Upon the topic of John's late wife being brought up, Katherine's face softened as she glanced toward John, with her arms still crossed over her chest and her back still leant against the wall next to the window. The subject of Martha and the circumstances surrounding her death still stung John greatly, Katherine knew, he'd confided in her about it many times. Polly nodded with sympathy to her nephew and placed her hand on top of his.

    "God takes the best first."

    Polly nodded at her nephew. Katherine pressed her full lips together, into a weak, empathetic smile. Tilly gently nudged John's foot with her own, all three women showing silent signs of support for the third Shelby brother. John nodded at each of them, before continuing.