Coffee and Adulting •Prinxiety•

AU : Coffeshop

Summary : Roman works at a coffeeshop, he always gets the game customer, at the same time, he always gets him the same thing, and Roman decided to give the man nicknames. One day, Virgil comes in, same time but, he doesn't get his usual drink, he gets a Roman special. Something Virgil doesn't really know what it is, but it's finals this week and he needs it.

Warning : N/A

3rd Person-

    Roman was freinds with the owner of the coffee shop he worked for, he could change his hour if it was needed, but he never changed it, and never missed a day, why you may ask? There is this, person, a young fellow who goes to Roman's school. He is a grade below Roman. He always came in at the same time and got the same thing. His name was Virgil, he was a unique person, he wore dark close, and he always had his headphones in his ears, both or one at all times, and he always got a mocha latte with a blueberry muffin. Roman knew his order, and knew his name, but never called him his name, he always game him nicknames JD, Emo Nightmare, Jack ScaryTon, and more. It wasn't like Virgil didn't enjoy them, no he loved them, he loved how Roman always game him a different nickname, every morning before school started and even on the weekends. Today was Sunday morning, just another day but this one was special.

Roman-

    I run to the register and see my normal customer with a small smile on his face. "Hello, Jack Scaryton, your usual?" I ask, I waited for him to give me the thumbs up but instead he spoke his head.

"I-I s-still want my m-muffin, b-but, u-ugh," Virgil froze and looked at the large board full of all our drinks. I smile softly as I watch him freak out slightly, obviously overwhelmed.

"Hey, what about I make you one of my favorites," I say. Virgil looks back down from the board and makes eye contact with me.

"O-okay, thanks Roman," Virgil said quietly before sitting down next to where the barista worked, which, just happened to be me. I pulled out the coffee stuff and my special almond cream with cinnamon. It may sound weird but boy is it good. I make the drink and Virgil just watched me.

"So, how are you today?" I ask him.

"I-I'm okay, j-just kinda stressing a-about finals..." Virgil said before sighing. I nod and then let out a "oh".

"That's why you got a different drink, you're gonna study here aren't you?" I ask making Virgil nod. "Why not study at home?" I ask him.

"Can't focus at home," he tells me.

"Well, studying here isn't gonna be much different, why don't I take you to the back, and I can help you study..." I offered, after my offer Virgils face went bright red but he slowly nod.

"Y-yeah, that could be fun," Virgil said smiling. I finish making his drink and lead him to our break room. I sit down at the table causing Virgil to copy me. I pull up a bag and pull out a coffee cake and a blueberry muffin. He grabs the muffin and takes a bite and I slid the coffee cake to him a he gave me a confused look.

"It's for you," I say smiling.

"B-but I didn't pa-" I didn't let him finish, I shook my head.

"It's on the house, now, here is your drink.." I say handing it to him. He flips it and looks for his name but his face fell once he saw no name.

"W-wheres my name?" Virgil asked making me taken back for a moment.

"W-well, I mean I know who you are, a-and I thought that since I was helping you I didn't think I needed to put one." I tell him. His face fell even more and he looked at the ground.

"O-oh, okay," he says. He pulls out his textbook and pulls out a pencil and notebook. "I-im gonna go to the bathroom, I'll be back in a se-sec," Virgil said walking to the bathroom. I smile softly and look at his cup. Why did he get sad at the drink, did he not like it? Or maybe, is it the name? Is it because I did not give him a nickname? I grab the cup and a sharpie that was on the table and write the word "Cutie" on the cup. I set it down and he walks back in right on cue.

"Okay, so, what must you study today!" I say smiling.

"U-um, math and english..." Virgil said.

"Okay, do you know how to do these?" I ask pointing at a math geometry problem.

"N-no, I-I don't know geometry that well, I never really pay attention..." Virgil said. I just nod and grab his notebook. I take his pencil and draw a triangle. I write numbers for each side and try to think for a good problem for it.

"What is the total number for all triangles should equal?" I ask him. He thinks for a moment and decides to guess.

"U-um 180?" Virgil said making me smile and nod.

"Yeah! Good job!" I say. Virgil's face went red and he giggled, which was, the cutest thing I have ever seen. We continue to do work when he grabs his drink and stops and freezes as he reads the name I had given him. He goes bright red and just stares at the drink.

"Y-you think I'm cute?" He asks kinda confused.

"I always did, and always will," I say smiling.

"H-hey, do you wanna, h-hang out later today, a-after your shift?" Virgil asked making me smile even bigger.

"I would love that," I said laughing, he smiled and looked back at his work.

"And, by the way Princy, your pretty cute t-too," Virgil said.

"Princy? Is that my nickname!" I say.

"Well, yeah, you always seem so confident and elegant." Virgil said making me smile softly.

"Well, my damsel in distress, why don't I take you to go see a movie!" I say.

"V-venom?" Virgil asked excited.

"Sure bub," I say making his face turn bright red again. I poke his cheek and coo. "You're so cuteee," I cook more making him push my hand away.

"Staaaap," Virgil said giggling.