1%

Megan
It was 5:30am and I had to get up for school. I got up walking towards my vanity. I sat in the chair looking at myself. I moved my curl out of my face. I reached for my medication. Taking one and drinking the water I keep on my dresser. I open the closet picking up a sweatshirt and walking to the dresser getting some sweatpants.

"Megan!" My little sister Alyce knocked on the door. I rolled my eyes and opened the door.

"What?" I said pissed she even decided to bother me so early.

"Mom told me to make sure you're up and you took your meds."she looked at like she was afraid of me. Which I hated.

"I took my meds and I'm up."I said and slammed the door in her face. I walked to my bathroom and started the shower.
...
I got out the shower and stood in front of the mirror wrapped in my towel. I fluffed my curls and blow dried them. I went to put my clothes.

I walked out of the bathroom and my best friend Mika was calling me. I answered.

"Hurry bring that ass outside."she yelled.

"Okay,okay."I say rushing to grab my keys and backpack. I rush down the stairs. Slipped on my slides and ran out the door.

"Hey!" She yelled while leaning on the outside of the car. The window started to row down.

"Heyyy!"Jahseh yelled out the window smiling widely. I just waved. I walked up to Mika whispering.

"What is he doing here?"I whisper yelled. She knew I had a crush on him.

"His car broke down and Cleo asked me to bring him with me to school while it's getting fixed." She said walking back around to the drivers side. I opened the back door and slid behind the drivers seat.

"Yo why you acting so shy?" He asked looking at me through the mirror. I just shrugged. I was scared to say something stupid. I put one headphone in just in case he started talking to me again. He was flipping through the channels. Mika slapped his hand.

"Bro your music is ass!" He said screaming "ass" I just started laughing while him and Mika were fighting.

"What you laughing at?"He asked smirking. I rolled my eyes blushing a little.

"Leave her alone you creep."Mika said. I just continued to laugh at them. They're funny.

We pulled into the parking lot and we all got out. We walked into the school. Mika and I walked towards our lockers. I put my books in and took the ones I needed out. Jahseh did the same being as though we all have first period together. We all started walking towards the classroom.

"Hey Jahseh." Isabel walked pass us winking at Jahseh. I hated her her she's always been that way. She becomes your friend finds out who you like then flirts with them. I've always pretended like it didn't bother me though.

"Hey Isabel."He said back. We continued to walk to class. When we all got in the classroom Jahseh went to got sit with Stokely,Isaiah,and Gabe. While Mika and I sat in the back corner.

This period was a study hall because none of us are low class man. Mika and I just sat in the back talking as we usually did. Lauren walked up to me and Mika sitting on Mika's desk.

"Hey." She said. Mika just waved.

"Do you think Jahseh would go for me?" She asked. Immediately making me angry.

"I've been trying to get his attention recently but I don't think he's interested." She says.

"Why don't you got talk to him?" Mika said with attitude. She knew Jahseh didn't like girls that throw themselves at him.

"That's a good idea." She said walking away. I rolled my eyes and went back to talking to Mika. While Mika was talking I watched as she caressed his arm and giggled. I watched how she would lean forward and flip her hair. I watched how she walked away. Is that what he's into? I asked myself.

She was pretty,short but tall and slim. I'm short,ugly and fat. At least that's what I saw. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Jahseh was walking towards me and Mika.

"Did you see that?"He asked shaking his head and laughing. I laughed too. I don't know why though.

"Yeah and?" Mika said with a straight face. I just looked at the anger in her face. Then she started laughing but I can tell she was serious.

"Anyway I came to tell you Stokely is sleeping over." He said like it was nothing.

"No because Megan is sleeping over."She said in a duh tone. My eyes widened. I looked at her and she winked. She knew Jahseh was gonna say Stokely was sleeping over anyway and she has a crush on him. She just wants me there so i can keep Jahseh distracted while she talks to Stokely. As usual.

"Uh okay. But he's still sleeping over whether Megan's there or not." He turned and sat back down.

....
After school

We were all getting in the car. I was kind of uncomfortable because Mika made me sit in the back with Jahseh. He was talking a lot to. Asking a lot of questions.

"How was school?" He asked starting to man spread. He was stretched across the whole back seat with his arm behind my head. I looked at him. He was just so cute. I like the way his eyes slightly squint when he smiles or laughs. The way his little dimple comes out when he's smiling. I quickly look away.

"It's alright."I basically mumble. We pulled into my driveway. I got out and walked up to my room. I packed my pajamas which consisted of shorts and a sports bra. Then i packed an outfit for tomorrow when we hangout at the mall. I walked out the house and got in the car.

"Alright one last stop and we going home." She said referring to Stokely's house. I just sat back. And enjoyed the ride and music.