12%

Megan

I woke up. Looking at the time on my phone. I stretched sitting up and walking towards the bathroom to do my business. I came out sitting at my vanity taking my pills and doing my make up.

I was dreading going to school today. I had a great weekend but I know I'm right back to square one. Quiet. I got up putting my clothes on and grabbing my backpack and getting the car with Mika who was waiting for me.

"Hey."She said. She seemed like she dreaded going back to school too. Mika and I aren't like everyone else. We're quiet unless spoken to or disrespected in anyway.

"You don't wanna go to school either do you?"I asked. She shook her head.

"Same." She pulled off taking off to school.

....

We walked into the school getting stares. I don't know if it was just me but I felt like attacked. I looked over at Mika seemed like she felt the same.

We walked to our lockers being greeted by Stokeley and Jahseh. Stokeley wrapped his arm around Mika's shoulder. Jahseh kisses me.

"Hey baby." She mumbled quietly. Wrapping her arms around him. I did the same to Jahseh. I grabbed my books out my locker and we started walking to class together.

As we entered I noticed people were staring like I don't know if it was just me that noticed. Mika leaned over whispering to me.

"You see them staring to. right?" She asked. I nodded. I sat in my usual seat in the back jahseh next To me. He held a tight grip on my hand.

"Baby relax." I relaxed slouching over. I nodded.

"Okay." I said before the teacher started to talk.
.....

It was now the our lunch period and we all sat together. I wasn't eating though. I mean I got food but I haven't touched it. I don't know why I just wasn't happy.

I got up to go to the bathroom rushing in there as quick as I could. I could feel my tears building up as I walked quickly into the stall. Before I could even get in there I stopped. I stared at the wall for a few seconds.

Something triggered me. I started hyperventilating. My heart started racing. I was in the floor having a mental breakdown. Mika came rushing into the bathroom.

"Megan. Breathe." She said calmly holding me. I tried but it wasn't working.

"Megan what's wrong." I shrugged still hyperventilating. I started to rock back and forth. She got me up walking me out of the school quickly.

"Mika! Mika!" Her bead turn towards the entrance. It was Stokeley and Jahseh. She rubbed my back in circles putting me in the car. She shut the door. I could only hear their muffled voices as I was slowly calming down.

JAHSEH

"She was having a panic attack in the bathroom." She explained. I don't know why but I suddenly felt guilt. She looked innocently out the window. Her tear stained face showing through the some what tinted glass. She looked away resting her head on the glass.

"It's not your fault she probably forgot to take her medicine for her anxiety." She said. I walked over to the car getting in the back.

"If she's leaving I'm leaving." I said. I just feel like it's my job to hold her when she needs to be held. I reached for her hand. She tightly gripped my hand ass I placed soft kisses on her on the back of it.

We all got in the car. Driving to her house. She said she wanted to go home. When we got inside she called her mom letting her know she left school early.

.....

We sat watching a movie as Megan and Mika downed the milkshakes that Megan made. It made me happy to see her back to normal in the span of an hour.

She looked at me with a wide smile. My heart started beating fast. What's happening to me.