Chapter 4

A new morning brought a new chance at life actually a happy life for Shravan and a day full of shocks for Suman. How? Lets take a small trip to Malhotra house first.

Shravan had never smiled the first thing in morning instead always groaned to the sound of that silly alarm but this morning Shravan found her smiling after so long in his dream. Did you note the key word? Smiling. Yes Shravan dreamt of her every night but after so long he dreamt of her smiling and glowing face. He smiled as he opened his eyes as the realisation hit him, 'she smiled in his dream only for him'

On the other side, Suman was shocked to look at her red face in the mirror. She was blushing. Why? Didn't she know? Oh! She does, that is why she was more surprised. She was blushing because of his thoughts.

The day has just begun, there's more to come.

"Sumo, I forgot the next step of making this Moong dal ka halwa."

"Wait, I'm coming. You leave it, I myself am gonna  make it."

Suman had got her PCT back at its original place. Shravan sent shifting truck and men to help shifting and settling PCT, he himself would have come but the court hearing scheduled today was quite important.

As a thank you, she planned on making his favorite halwa for him but you know Preeta, raised her hands in surrender to one of  the most difficult dessert. So here Sumo was cooking for  him, but  a stupid promise stopped her from personally going to him.

At lunch time when Shravan opened his tiffin he was surprised to see an extra box filled with his favorite halwa. There was a sticky note attached,
*less ghee, less sugar, more protein and most taste only for the bestest best friend in the world.*

Today, Malhotra lawyers had decided to sit together at lunch, father-son Malhotra was sitting side by side thus Ramnath was able to see that especial box and the sticky note. He got angry on Suman but the next words of Pushkar calmed him.

"Ahaan Bhaiya,this million dollar smile can only be because of Sumo, right. Wait! Has she sent you Moong dal ka halwa? ...O my God, why not for me?"

"Relax chote, that's her way of saying thank you to me," he again looked at the sticky note and smiled "pagal".

" What kind of friend she is and what kind of thank you it is, she decreased the ghee in the dish to thank you or made it sugar less to prove herself your sweetest friend?" Ramnath's words sounded like a jealous and gullible child.

"Papa, she knows me well and cares about me that's why, she did so. Less ghee because I can't digest much, less sugar because of my diet routine. She doesn't need to prove herself to anyone Papa. Her actions speak out loud."

The way Shravan handled his father instead of doing what Ramnath expected , 'shouting on his father for he said in offence to his lady love' like in those TV serials, he explained him calmly. This changed the perspective of Ramnath towards their potential relationship but his fragile and scared heart was not yet satisfied. He didn't want to lose his last possession, his son.

Suman when was going to meet the decorator for the next function 'Haldi' near Khan Market, her jaan ditched her. Halfway to it, she walked her way into the direction of Shravan's office which was near so she could ask for help. Malhotra family was also busy in wedding preparation but some urgency demanded Malhotra boys at task, the bridegroom Malhotra left early while the other two were there.