Chapter 9

Shravan had reached there right in time in hopes of getting to strangle Aditya's neck for even having the thought of proposing his Sumo. He was adamant to beat Aditya black and blue and flee with his Sumo to a world where no one can steal her away from him.

"Excuse me. Could you please tell me where is Aditya Ahuja and Suman Tiwari?"

"Wait a min sir! Who are you and why are you asking this? I cannot disclose any information about our client."

"Look I'm a lawyer. That guy has taken my client to this place blackmail her or something so please tell me where they are. Its necessary."

"Okay let me check."
"Please fast"
"I'm helping you just because I've been a Victor myself but please don't tell anyone else I'll lose my job, okay."

"Yeah sure."

"Sir, there is no such reservation of either the room nor the restaurant table ."

"How is it possible? If not here then where did he take Sumo?"

"Did you just say Sumo? The PCT girl Sumo, right? She is in Room no 563, fifth floor."

"But how i mean...."

"The room is booked the name of Mr.Malhotra that is why now don't waste time and take the elevator."

Just a few more minutes Aditya, I'm going to kill if you tried any stunt on my Sumo.

Just as he was going to knock on the door, it opened already. He slowly pushed the door to see what he never even imagined in his dreams. There was his mother standing there with his father. He was shocked at first but then got confused as he looked around the room, those pictures and all those decorations confused him more. He could not point at what was going on or what was going to happen. He said his father going on his knees in front of his mother.

Shravan had never seen that tall man who was his superhero bend his head at someone so when he saw him kneeling in front of not just someone but the woman whom he supposedly hated it shook him to the core. He was going to interrupt when his father started speaking.

"I know what happened years was not something I or anyone else can change but what we are having now can be changed.

Shravan was confused as to Why would his father want to change what they are having now? It took them so many years to adjust their lives without her. He was broken without his mother and he knew that his father didn't show but he too was sad and hurt. Then why today his father was willing to forget all that and bring CHANGE.

I'll do whatever I could with everything I have to win you. I was blinded by my ego my chauvinism. But its wasn't that easy for me, I guess I would have died if we really divorced that time.

This came as the biggest shock to Shravan. His parents were never divorced. The woman whom he so disgustingly called Mrs Ahuja was still Mrs Malhotra. She was not married to another man but his father only. He started questioning his those ten years was all that a lie?

I was alive through these many days only with the assurance that you are still mine. I am sorry for each and every word that left my mouth and I truly regret. I've missed you for so long. I've missed in my mornings when I couldn't see your face the first thing as I opened my eyes. I missed in kitchen where you would hum to the tunes of our college times songs and cook for us. I missed you running behind Shravan everyday. I missed you tying my tie-knot. I missed the way you jumped every time I back hugged you and I missed the way we were happy together .....with each other and.... Our son."

" I'm really sorry Nirmala. I know my apologies are not enough but please give me a chance. I lost the chance to live with you but I don't want to die without you, please. Please just one last chance to be with 'My Niru and our Shravan."

Shravan was beyond confused and hurt but his lawyer mind was still active. He could sense there is more to come. There were so many hidden lies he was getting hyper as to why they were hidden from him. In the back of mind there was also a question, Where is Sumo? She was supposed to be in this room but then he recalled what the receptionist told him, The room was booked in the name of Mr Malhotra. That means all that he was he witnessing wasn't another one of those illusions of his mind. He wanted to but didn't break the silence waiting for the same moment as his father was doing.

I don't have anything to say Ram. I imagined, dreamt and hoped of such a day when you'll come to me and apologize. You'll say that you still love me and will take me away with you. Our family would be complete, I will have my son in my arms again but that day never came. I started losing hope the only thing that kept me alive. You know even after so many years I was still holding onto that weak string of hope but that day when I met Shravan in Tiwari Killa and he gave that disgusted and hatred filled look, I died. Was that all because of you? No Ram I don't blame you but I don't trust you as well. I was there in London on his birthdays, his graduation day, festivals and sometimes without an occasion. I saw him when he got his first salary, you know he started working at a library to buy gift for you and Pushkar. I was there at that time. He never saw me but I did. I was living in Mumbai with my new family as you call them. After Ahuja Sir's death I was taking care of his children and company till they got the legal rights of the company but I was there when you won your first biggest case, when you started your own firm, when you were ill,....because I was hoping for you to get back to me."

He was waiting for her reply but what he heard broke him. He was hurt, anxious, broken beyond repair. It hurts so much to not be able to go back to your mother's lap after a tired day, not be able to see that face which will calm you you down. He had been through all that while his stay in London for years. He wanted his mother to come back to him but she never did. He was living an illusion all those years that his mother was selfish and probably never loved him enough to be with him but she was there always even when he didn't see her. He was lost in the pit of his heart that why couldn't he see the pain of his mother, was he so blinded by his anger and hurt that he didn't see the tears and pain in her eyes when she came to meet him at Tiwari Killa. He was hating her all those years when she was waiting for him to be back her arms. What was his life, a lie? His father was his super hero,his superman who never fails, who never lies but seems like all these years he was the only person who was feeding him lies continuously.

The only that could escape from his mouth before he broke down were

Maa.

The shock on Both the parents' face something they never imagined. Ramnath had thought of telling him the truth but never imagined it this way. He was holding his son in his arms while his wife was holding his son calling for him to wake up. That running river of her eyes hurt him even more but he knew what he has to do.

"Suman, please come out he needs you."

An/- I had thought of updating it sooner but wasn't getting time to so yeah today I did.
Did you like the chapter today? Do comment. Its basically an emotional chapter the next one will be too .
Hit the cute little start button and vote. Your vote is precious and yeah me loving Shraman.

PS : The longest chapter with 1500 words.

Love,
Zindagi.