What's Up

That morning, I woke up to a loud thud. Jolting up from the covers, I looked around. Nothing seemed to have fallen over in the room, besides, what would've fallen? I looked over and saw Tom half asleep. I tried exiting the bed without disturbing the peace, but he pushed me back down on the bed with one arm. "Stay." He simply stated. I wanted to ask why, but before I could he got out and walk over to the door. He looked back at me, glaring with his void like eyes. "I'll be back. You can sleep in if you want." Then, he left.

And so, I was left alone in his room.
Now, there's two options of what I could do. Look around the room or follow Tom. Or the miraculous third and forth options of staying in bed or going back to sleep. My thought was disturbed by another loud thud, followed by muffled shouting. Now I really wanted to know what was going on, but I don't want Tom to get angry at me (to which Edd would defend me, but that's besides the point). Doing that would be making a bad impression for myself.

It had been awhile since I last heard any noise, which was worrisome. Either it was taken outside or both parties were dead and/or unconscious. Then, I heard quiet footsteps walk past the ajar door. I listened closely as  they went down the stairs. I could hear them yell a muffled "Tom!" Which made it clear time it was Edd. Always Edd, I thought. But why? No point in wondering really. Too many possibilities. Besides, I don't want to become some crazy theorist.

As the two came down the hall, I could hear their conversation:
"You know better then to that!"
"Are you serious?! It's been happening for weeks! I'm sick of being woken up at five in the morning. At least I tried to do something about it."
Edd sighed, "Just ignore them and they'll eventually stop-."
"I've been ignoring them, Edd. I've tried. Have they stopped? No. So you can take you can take your preschool "logic" and shred it, cause in real life, it doesn't work!" He began walking down the hall, towards his room.
"Tom!" Edd called, but he didn't turn back. Tom came in and slammed the door shut.

"What's up buttercup?" Tom sighed, with an annoyed expression on his face.
"You heard that, huh?" I nodded. He came and sat on the bed next to me. "Just, life. You know? Learn one thing and suddenly it means nothing." I looked down, giving him a sigh.
"I get what you mean." He gave a short laugh.
"You do?"
"More or less. They say " ignore them, they'll go away" but they just try harder. Until you break like the piece of glass we all are. Cut others and ourselves on the thousands of pieces that lay on the floor..." I was loosing my words. Tom went silent, clearly shocked.
"That was...deep." I smiled lightly.
"Oh, well I try." I noticed Tom had grabbed a dark notebook and began scribbling in it. "What cha doing?"
"Well, what you said is inspiring," he said without looking up. "and lately I've been looking for inspiration." He showed me his notebook. The page was titled "Glass" with a few lines with various chords beneath it. I gave him a wide smile.
"Glad I could help!"

A/N: Miss me? Sorry it took me awhile to write this chapter. I just felt so...inspired this morning to write it.
Anyway, just a quick note, you may have noticed I've changed the title, cover image, and blurb. Don't worry! This is still the same book. I'll try to update more this frequently, cause I know a lot of you love this book so far!!