D r e i | then

Just stop your crying it's a sign of the times.

Harry Styles : Sign of the Times
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Niklaus had been pacing for half an hour when Louis looked up from his hands to his brother-in-law. Staring down at his shaking hands, Louis gulped as the blood dried. When Elijah and Rebekah entered from trying to dispose of Rosita's body, they noticed that Louis still had not moved from his spot. "You have to get cleaned Louis." Rebekah whispered. Louis looked down before getting up and leaving his home. Elijah looked at his siblings before following after Louis. Rebekah and Klaus stayed to throw anything soiled with blood away to keep the other servants from seeing. Elijah followed silently after Louis to the falls, away from any of the villagers out at night. He watched as Louis angrily scrubbed away at his skin to rid himself of the stains. 

"I didn't know it would do this." Elijah said as he stood by a tree. Louis only began to scrub away harder, tears falling from his face. "You knew," Louis began, sniffling from his tears. "You knew your blood was meant from something. You knew it would do something." Elijah uncrossed his arms and looked over at his hunched over friend. "I saw my father feeding his blood to my mother once. She had told him that our blood had healing abilities." Elijah stated. Louis had stopped scrubbing and was now watching the water. "I didn't know it was also the way to turn someone into one of us." Elijah whispered and went to take a seat next to the water. Louis sighed and sat down fully on the ground.

"She didn't die." Louis stated, making Elijah look at him with confusion. "Marcella." Louis said looking at his hands. "A white wolf came to take her. She left with it, then disappeared into thin air." He added and stared out to the water. Elijah looked at him with frowned eyebrows. "I called you all monsters. I didn't know my family were also monsters." Louis said once again sighing. "Your family were not monsters. They are still better then what my mother turned us into." Elijah said. Louis looked at him taking in his words. "I wanted to ask someone in the village close to Ansel about what we are. Or were." 

"What are we?" Louis whispered to his companion. "Nothing people want." Elijah answered, looking out into the dark night. The crunching of leaves caught the attention of the two vampires. Klaus was running into the woods with Rebekah, Finn and Kol behind him. "It's mother and father." He said, looking at his siblings with scared and teary eyes. Glancing at each other, Louis and Elijah quickly rushed behind the siblings back to the village.When they arrived what they saw was utter chaos. Women and children running in fear trying to hide from the wrath of Mikeal. He was screaming for Niklaus who hid behind all his siblings. 

"What happened?" Louis whispered. Everyone looked at each not sure why their father had gone on a rampage for their brother. Though Klaus was the only one who looked down trying hard to swallow his guilt. Mikeal screamed for Klaus and every turn he began to slaughter more innocent people. "We have to leave." Louis suddenly spoke from behind the forest were they all hid a small ways away from the village. "Where would we go?" Rebekah cried, looking over at Louis. "There's a ship leaving for Camelot. The shipments back just left the village today. We'll make it to the sea." Louis stated, looking at all the siblings. "I will not let your father kill you." Louis said looking right at Niklaus. Both Klaus and Louis turned to look at Elijah.  

He only looked at Niklaus who was behind. "Forever and Always." Elijah said and looked to Louis. "Go. I'll keep him from following." Louis said and started to walk out from the trees. "Why are you helping us?" Finn spoke, watching as the new vampire turned around. "Marcella wasn't the only one who came to love you all as family. You all became great friends of mine. I care about all of you." Louis said. With one last look around the siblings, Louis began to walk out again. "Wait!" Louis turned to look at Klaus who had stopped him from going into the chaos. "Come with us," Klaus started, looking at Louis with intense eyes. "You're one of us now. We can't risk it. Besides, you're the only thing I have left to Marcella." Klaus whispered. Louis looked over at Elijah and then back to Niklaus. "We must go"