Chapter Thirteen

Tko was mopping the floor, doing a poor job. He knocked over his bucket of water. He groaned and picked it up, tossing it across the room in annoyance.

"I like the new cleaning technique, KO." Enid said as she approached him. He didn't hear her. She raised an eyebrow and reached her hand out to him. "KO?"

"It's Tko!" He shouted, slapping her hand away. She gasped, pulling it away. She chuckled nervously.

"Okay, Tko. Can you tell me how you pulled off those cool moves yesterday?" Enid asked. Tko scoffed.

"I realized that the whole world is a pizza of suffering and torment. The dough is the betrayal, the cheese is the laughter from my so called friends, and there is never enough sause." Tko said in a dark voice. Enid chuckled.

"Little dramatic, don't you think?" She said. Tko rolled his eyes.

"Cram it, loser." He said. Enid frowned.

"Okay, as a cool person, I respect your apathetic attitude, but as your friend, this is too much." Enid said.

"E-Enid, maybe you should just leave him alone." Y/n finally spoke up in a quiet voice.

"You should listen to her. At least KO was right about one thing. She is the smart one." Tko said.

"Y/n, you're his best friend! Don't you think this is too much?" Enid asked.

"Oh, Enid, there's no such thing as too much." Rad said. He was wearing make up and changing his style to seem like Tko. "Right, little dude?" He looked at Tko, who was ignoring him and walking away. "Tko is mean! He's lame and I don't like him!" Rad said as he wiped his make up and tears away.

"Yeah, only teens have earned the right to angst and brood!" Enid said. "We've gotta snap him out of this funk."

"Enid, it's not going to be that easy." Y/n said.

"Oh yes it will be, because you'll be helping us!" Enid said as she picked Y/n up and made her way to Tko.

Tko was sitting behind a wall of boxes, listening to music. Enid and Rad tackled him, Rad picking him up.

"Hey, little buddy!" They said.

"You wanna play some videos game?" Rad asked.

"Or blow stuff up?" Enid asked.

"Or we could just talk." Rad said. Tko began fighting against his grip.

"Yeah! Y/n's here to talk if you want to!" Enid said as she held Y/n up. Y/n was sweating nervously. Tko frowned in confusion at her. "Y/n, do the thing! You're his girlfriend or whatever!" Enid whispered to her. Y/n smiled weakly, raising a sweaty hand. She booped Tko on the nose.

"C-Cutie." She stuttered, obviously not wanting to say it. Tko's eyes widened.

"I'm not cute!" He yelled as he pushed Enid and Rad off. "I challenge you to a power battle!"

"What?!" Rad exclaimed.

"KO, you can't!" Enid said.

"I told you, it's Tko! And I'm whole different animal now..." He said as he raised his fist. He charged at them. Enid dodged, Rad barely doing so as well. Tko smashed the counter. He looked at his glowing fist and chuckled as he turned to the others.

He punched Rad, sending him through the ceiling. He turned to Enid and laughed.

"You better not." She squinted her eyes. He threw a punch, Enid dodging. He knocked over everything he passed as he threw punches.