Chapter 24: Puppet

A/n: Some crazy stuff like I promised. :)

(Third Person POV):

His boots crunched against the sleety ground as he continued walking uphill. He had his left hand resting on the butt of his pistol. Ready to quickdraw.

Thanatos:"Are they here?" He briefly questioned his subordinate standing nearby. The White Mask grunt nodded in confirmation. Thanatos continued walking forward, and began approaching a clearing in the forest.

On a stone ledge, sat a raven haired male with blue eyes. He wore the basic Rainbow tactical uniform and get-up. However, he was unarmed and surrounded by White Masks aiming their assault rifles at him. The raven haired male noticed Thanatos approaching his location, and a smirk formed on his lips.

Gus:"Oh yeah, you're much more of a Thanos." He commented with an amused expression. Thanatos reacted in confusion.

Thanatos:"What are you going on about?" He questioned in a slightly annoyed tone. Gus shrugged and hopped off the ledge. However, that resulted in the guards around him readying to take him out. Gus held up his hands in surrender.

Gus:"Hey! Hey! Hey! Is this how you treat allies?" He asked the group aiming their weapons at him in fake innocence. The White Masks were caught off guard after hearing that statement. They turned to look at Thanatos for confirmation. He signaled them to stand down.

Thanatos:"Back off men." He ordered sternly and strolled up to Gus. Eventually, Thanatos arrived in front of Gus. The two men stood face-to-face with only a few inches of space separating them.

Thanatos:"I believe you have what I want." He reminded the raven haired operator. Gus rolled his eyes and sighed. After that, he walked over to a boulder and reached behind it. Then Gus suddenly yanked out a blonde haired woman with a noticeable enlarged belly.

IQ:"Let me go, Gus!!! What do you think you're doing?!?!?" She cried out in frustration and struggled within Gus' grip. The male merely struck IQ across her face. This resulted her to stop struggling, as she was in a daze from his attack.

Gus:"Here. I assumed we'll be heading back to main HQ?." He tossed IQ's body onto the ground in front of Thanatos. Thanatos nodded in confirmation before looking down at his feet. The White Mask lieutenant then crouched down and looked at the blonde's blue eyes.

Thanatos:"All that trouble just for you. You should be honored." He stated in an authoritative tone. IQ glared at him with hatred, but Thanatos ignored her and stood back up.

Thanatos:"So it's been a while, Kyle." He revealed Gus' true name. Kyle nodded in agreement.

Kyle:"Yeah." He replied briefly. The two men extended their arms and clasped each other's shoulders in a brotherly manner. With his other hand, Thanatos began to remove his mask.

Thanatos:"Welcome back......brother." He stated, as he removed his mask. It revealed that the two looked exactly the same.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (Y/n) making spaghetti for chibi Maestro and chibi Alibi....

(Y/n) POV:

Flashback....

IQ:"So, (Y/n)....." She trailed off in the end with a hesitant look on her face.

"What is it, Monika?" I asked curiously. IQ tapped her fingers together nervously before letting it all out.

IQ:"I was wondering if you preferred a son or daughter?" She asked rapidly. The questioned caught me slightly off-guard, but I collected myself and responded.