Chapter 28: One Bullet

There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero never gets to see that ending.
They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end they just have to have faith.
Ain't that a bitch?

-Epsilon/Church

(Y/n) POV:

I awoke to excruciating pain throughout my body. Once the ship began its take off, I believe that was when I slipped away from the multiple G's. I strained my eyes open to see the cabin that Alistair tossed me into. Instead of laying in my pool of blood, I was floating with it.

Alistair:"I was wondering when you would awake. It would actually surprise me if you died." He stated without a care in the world. I grimaced and struggled to gain my bearings. Everything felt weird with no gravity.

Alistair:"Here. We've arrived." He announced, as the ship docked onto a massive platform with a loud connection. It rocked the ship around, but I remained floating where I was. Alistair disembarked from his seat and floated over to me.

Alistair:"This way." He grabbed me by my  broken arm and pulled me along. I winced in pain, but kept silent, as the hatch opened. The both of us entered the larger structure we attached to. The interior looked similar to the live streams of astronauts from the past in the ISS. However, this one was slowly being filled with my blood.

Alistair let go of me, and I continued forward until colliding into a window. I looked through the glass to see the planet we hailed from. It looked like the planet would pull me in if I barely reached out for it, but I knew better.

Alistair:"Beautiful, isn't it? Unfortunately, we aren't here for sight seeing." He said in a slightly disappointed tone before accessing the stations computer. I subtly checked if there was anything left I could use. Despite my condition, I had to fight.

Alistair:"You can try (Y/n), but you won't win without your tools in this situation. Remember, I'm just like you." He reminded in a parenting tone.

"We are not alike." I growled bitterly. Alistair shrugged with his suit squeaking to his movements.

Alistair:"I guess. Aside from my desire to save the world, we're alike in every aspect. Loss of who we loved, betrayed, killed many." He listed off. I clenched my fist in anger. Despite my denial, he was right.

"Save the world? You want to end it!" I snapped. Alistair scoffed and turned to look at me.

Alistair:"Look outside the war zone kid. There are big problems that the governments you fight for won't solve. Pollution, poverty, natural disasters. All these politicians care about is power, money, and nothing else!" He retorted and began floating over to me. Alistair grabbed me by the collar and brought me up to his visor.

Alistair:"I can change all of that, (Y/n). The corruption will be gone, and I can fix it all! No one else has to endure what we went through!" He defended. I glared at him.

"At the expense of innocents?! You're doing exactly what happened to us to billions!" I countered while tugging at a metal handle behind me. Alistair shook his head.