「 THREE 」

dear renjun,

today we were having history lesson, and i couldn't help but notice how especially cute you were today. i spotted you shooting me hand signals, our 'secret language', about how you hated history so much and it made you want to sleep.

surprisingly, saem gave us a project about writing an essay in pairs. i watched as everyone paired up, all smiley faces and seeming so happy, while i stood at the corner by myself.

i saw you with seo herin, and of course my heart sunk with disappointment. of course you would choose, pretty, cute as a doll, herin, over me. but then you locked eyes with me, and you probably saw the desperate and pathetic pity in my eyes.

i watched you break away from herin and walk towards me, squeezing my wrist lightly.

"yiren-ah, do you want to group with me and herin? after all, our class has an odd number, so i'm sure saem wouldn't mind you joining us," that was what you had said.

of course, you wouldn't want to give up working with herin for me. she was such a popular girl in school. smart, pretty, sweet and nice; most importantly, everyone liked her. and as for me? i was nothing, except for a friend to you.

i pulled away from you and i shook my head. i mustered a smile, the hurt stored away from you. i spotted you raising an eyebrow at me in confusion, but i avoided the look you gave me and declined your offer again.

"i'll just do it myself,"

but really, did you think i wanted to do it myself? i wanted to do it with you, huang renjun.

you walked away from me, back to herin.

did you know what i was thinking back then, huang renjun?

that herin was better with you, so i had better give you up.

eventually, i still ended up doing the project myself, and i couldn't stop the jealousy burning in me when i saw herin and you smiling, all lovey-dovey, and i even heard people compliment you two for looking like a couple.

from,
yiren.

— ♥—