「 SPECIAL! 」

this chapter is dedicated
especially to our visual queen,
wang yiren, because it's her
birthday today!

and everyone's favourite ship
of chenren is gonna make a
comeback ; )

what if, yiren had also liked
zhong chenle, not huang renjun?

+

"yiren-ah!" the strawberry blond-haired girl turned her head at the sound of someone calling her. a smile automatically spread on her face when she saw it was zhong chenle, her longtime crush for two years.

"le oppa?" she raised an eyebrow at the boy with grinning, blonde haired boy approaching her, pretending to be surprised. butterflies fluttered in her stomach nervously when chenle stopped in front of her.

"yiren-ah, i have two tickets to a musical concert! i heard you like musicals!" chenle exclaimed, flashing two golden tickets. yiren's eyes widened and she smiled even wider.

"aw thank you so much le oppa! but. . .i thought you said that you got bored easily, listening to music?" yiren asked. chenle just shrugged before saying chirpily, "anything for yiren the princess!"

the girl's cheeks flushed with the colour of pure rose but the boy standing before her seemed oblivious and continued talking. "the musical's at seven pm tonight! i'll meet you outside your house?"

yiren just nodded her head enthusiastically.

[💌]

that night, yiren couldn't stop herself from blushing at the thought of going out with chenle, though she would've preferred to call it a date.

she had wanted to look especially cute and pretty in front of chenle, so yiren had picked out a long white sleeved shirt and light blue shorts. and even though yiren hated heels and felt uncomfortable in them, she decided to wear them after all, in order to appear nice for chenle.

she grinned at her reflection in the mirror, applying a little lipstick and blush to her cheeks and lips

she grinned at her reflection in the mirror, applying a little lipstick and blush to her cheeks and lips. as she was just about to reach for her purse, her handphone rang loudly and yiren scrambled for it, her heart beating when she realized it was a call from chenle.

"c─chenle-ah?" she stuttered.

she heard chenle smile through his words. "yiren-ah! where are you? i'm waiting at your doorstep! hurry up and come out, or else i'll seem like a weird pervert!"