Part 6

What if all your life you've been invisible and one day you wake up like some perfected piece of art?

That was my reality.

We pull up to my house. I'd almost forgotten about my hood ass neighborhood. It makes me wonder if I should have gotten everything that I got. I wasn't rich. Maybe I didn't deserve my changes. But there was no going back.

I had entered a world. In this moment I felt like Neo looking over at Morpheus in the Matrix. "You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

I'd taken the red pill.

And Thorn was my Morpheus.

"We're here," he states.

"Thank you for this," I state, "I still don't understand why you did this..."

"I didn't."

"Come again?"

"Let's just there are people who want to see you be your very best. Let's say it's the same people who wanted to see that from me."

What the---

"Let's say a little bit more."

"It's a little late, don't you think?" he tries to change the subject, "You live a far way from Lionsdale."

"You didn't have to bring me home. Did you personally escort everyone home from recovery center?"

The surgeries were done. Everything was done. That red pill had been fully digested and I was in the Matrix. I still couldn't believe how much I'd changed.

"Just you," Thorn states.

He's looking at me hard. Thorn has this sexy mystique to him. You never really quite know what he's thinking. When he reaches over and places his hand under my chin it's the strangest thing in the world. I look him in his eyes.

Thorn looks at my lips. His sandy complexion is illuminated even in the dark car on a shitty side of town where there were no street lights. It's pitch black but I can still see his squinty eyes, with this natural Diggy Simmons look-alike sex appeal. He looks like a good boy who turned bad and it's beyond sexy. He stares at my lips so hard that I suck on them. I see his mouth open and exhale slightly when I do it. His lips are this lively shade of pink. He continues to stare. I didn't have anything done to them. It was one of the few things on my body that remained the same.

"What?" I ask, "You keep staring at my lips. Like you want to kiss me or something."

I smile in what I think is coming off as flirty. I still haven't gotten used to my face let alone my facial expressions at this point. I may look stupid for acting so confidently at that moment but if I do, he isn't reacting like I am.

"I wouldn't mind one," he states.

"Then why not do it?"

I don't get Thorn. It's the same vibes now as it was during the situation with Kordell in Thorn's recovery house. I'd thought seeing me sucking off Kordell would have turned him off from me. A part of me wondered if he did it so that he could be turned off from me. He seemed like he didn't want to like me. After the situation with Kordell though every time I was in a room with Thorn, he was checking me out. Candice noticed and I made some excuse for him just checking out the surgery he paid for but the truth is I wondered the same thing.

Was it more than that?

He was clearly uncomfortable with what happened with Kordell. It was obvious, but instead of doing something about it, he was resisting.