Part 15

Chapter 15

I punch a locker so hard that I leave a dent in it. I felt backstabbed. I felt betrayed. Adonis doesn't even react at first. He's so shocked that I'm in the room. It makes me wonder just how many times he and Thorn had been going behind my back having these conversations without me knowing.

And this whole time I'd been in the dark. Completely clueless.

"Shit..." is all Adonis can say.

"Shit?" I ask, "Shit?"

I'm so angry at that moment. Adonis attempts to step towards me. He grabs me, "Baby I can try to explain."

"Get your hands off me!" I bark.

I'm so pissed that I push him. I don't push him to hurt him. He barely budges but Adonis stands there looking hurt by what I've done none-the-less.

"Maybe you should give him some time," Thorn interrupts.

I'm a little irritated by both of them, "You allowed me to fall for a guy knowing damn well he was setting me up the whole time."

"This was all his fault," Thorn responds.

Adonis glares over at Thorn. He is shocked, "Really? You going to put this all on me."

"After I was embarrassed it was Adonis who approached me. He helped me fake my death. He helped recreate me because he felt so bad. It was all his money. All his influence. "
Thorn is wasting no time to throw Adonis under the bus and I think we are both aware of how weird it is. It's almost as though he's been waiting to do it.

"This is how you talk to my boyfriend about me?" Adonis asks Thorn, "I MADE you."

"Made. Funny term. That's what they all do, Yogi," Thorn states, "It's the reason I didn't stop Candice from going rogue. None of them are better than the other. Tell me you don't realize that by now?"

Thorn looks at me. He had a point. They were all bad. All of them...including Adonis.

He was nothing more than a puppeteer.

I'm quiet. I don't know how to respond.

"It started out as a plot for revenge, but my feelings for you are real," Adonis tells me.

"They create these dolls and then they pull the strings," Thorn explains to me, "You can't trust any of them. They are willing to pour thousands into the art of being perfect. More than thousands. And now you know, Yogi. Now you really see that for yourself."

Thorn has an anger to his tone but I don't see anything that he is saying as being wrong. He's completely right and I'm not angry at him. He was a victim of all of this. He was a victim in the same way that I was a victim. Adonis had always been handsome. He had always been rich. He had always been a doll even before the Book Of Efficacy. He was the benefactor. He was the dollmaker.

Adonis gives me a look, "Ignore him. You know us. You know me and you. It was real. All of it."

The balance between what was real and what was plastic all seemed so blurred right about now.

"He always had a crush on you, always," Thorn states, "He admitted it himself. So why not ever approach you? You know why? Because you weren't good enough for him. Society didn't accept you so he didn't as well. He had to turn you into a doll just so you can even be worth his time in the eyes of others. The plan was always for the two of you to be Lionsdale's premier gay couple that stole all the spotlight and you've succeeded."