Chapter Ten

"So," Spencer asked while they washed the dishes. "What is on the agenda for today?"

Alyssa smiled. She was glad he was willing to do activities with them. "Well, since it is Sunday, Matthew and I are going to church. You are welcome to come too."

Spencer nodded. "Sounds good. I'd be happy to go. I went to church back in Africa, and I went down here before I moved."

"It's a nice little church. You will be very welcome there." She responded. She wanted to know why he went to Africa, but she decided to save that conversation for another time. "Sunday school starts at 9."

She walked out of the kitchen and went to her room. She got dressed and went to dress Matthew.

"Matt, are you ready for church?" She asked.

He nodded. "Daddy coming?"

"Yes, sweetie. Daddy is coming with us." This was going to be a long day. How was she going to explain to the church that she was married to a man she just met?

"Okay!" Matthew squealed. "Let's go!" He grabbed her hand and drug her towards the door.

"Woah, buddy. Slow down." Alyssa laughed while trying to pull him back. "We have to wait on daddy."

"Daddy's ready," she heard a voice say. She turned and saw Spencer standing there.

She stared him down and nodded. "Very handsome. Do you think so, Matthew?"

Matthew nodded. "Like Matthew. Now, let's go!"

They both laughed. Spencer asked, "is he always this excited for church?"

Alyssa nodded. "Yes. Always. He is excited when we go anywhere." She paused. "Do you want us to all ride together? We could all go in my car."

"Sounds good." Spencer smiled. "I really don't know where we are going, so it works out."

Alyssa laughed. "It's not that hard to find."

Spencer picks up Matthew and placed him in his seat. He then got into the passenger seat. "So, the preacher. What is he like?"

Alyssa smiled. "He is a very good guy. You have already met him."

"Really? Who is it?" He asked staring at her. He didn't recall meeting the preacher.

She nodded. "You met him yesterday at the wedding. The preacher is my father."

"Oh. Okay." He sat back in his seat. "At least I will know someone."

"You will actually recognize a couple of others. Molly also attends. So, you have nothing to worry about."

He nodded and took in a deep breath when she pulled into the church parking lot.

Beside him, he noticed Alyssa do the same thing.