Chapter Fifteen

"That's it? The movie is over? Really they both die?" Spencer stated at Alyssa wanting answers.

"Yes. They both died. They died together." Alyssa laughed. "I didn't expect this reaction from you. And you are the only one to ever watch it with me."

"Seriously?" He turned towards her. "Not even Molly?"

Alyssa shook her head. "She said romance is not her type. Besides the ending, did you like the movie?"

He nodded. "I loved it. I've never watched romance before. Never felt the desire. Watching it with you was different."

"How? What made it different?" Alyssa raised her eyebrows.

He just shook his head. "I just feel that I can do anything for you. I always want you to be happy."

Alyssa blushed. "Well, thanks. You didn't have to do that though. Next time, we will watch one of your favorites."

"Oh, really," he asked scooting closer towards her. "We could have another date night? I'd like that."

She nodded. She was a little nervous because he was so close. His face was right near hers.

She caught his eyes and saw him staring at her. They both leaned in, and he claimed her lips. She sighed and rested her forehead against his.

He smiled against her lips, and she did the same. Reluctantly, he pulled away. "I've been waiting for the perfect time to do that. I mean, I know we are married and all, but I didn't want to force you to kiss me."

Alyssa smiled. "You should have done it sooner. I was about ready to smack you if you didn't." She looked down. "How weird is it for me to say that I am falling in love with my husband."

He chuckled. "Not weird at all. The same goes for me. I am falling in love with my wife."

Alyssa thought to herself, I can't do this. He needs to know about my health problems, but I don't want to ruin the moment.

She looked back to him. "Date night was fun, but we have the real world to go back to tomorrow morning. We have work, and it happens to be your first day."

He poked out his lip. "Why did this have to end so soon? Why do we have to wake up early?" He stood and helped her up. "Go on. Go to bed."

She held his hand and smiled. "I think it is time we start to live like a married couple. By that, I mean, we share a bed."

He looked at her. "Are you sure? We can wait if you aren't ready. I don't want to pressure you."

She grabbed his face. "You are not pressuring me. Where were you when I admitted my love? We are married. It's time we started acting like it." She leaned in and kissed his lips.

"Well, when you put it that way." He grabbed her hands and pulled her with him. "Come on wife. Let's get some sleep."

Alyssa laughed. She wasn't sure if she would get any sleep tonight.

For one, she had this gorgeous man lying beside her. And two, she was still bearing a secret. A secret that could change everything.