Epilogue

Christmas Morning, Three Years Later,

Alyssa sat on the couch in awe of the sight in front of her. Her three sons were gathered around the Christmas tree playing with their gifts from Santa Claus.

Her mind went back to when she was pregnant with the twins. Her and Spencer went to her eight week appointment, and they received the news that they were expecting twins. Remembering what the doctor said about the risks, they were both terrified and excited.

Alyssa had no problems in the pregnancy. She was healthy, and her twins went full term. On December 8, she went to the emergency room. Isaac Wyatt was born at 6:26 that morning, and Judah Chale followed five minutes later. They were perfect.

She heard footsteps behind her. She smiled when she saw her husband and newborn daughter, Joy. Joy was cradled in the arms of her father, and she looked beyond adorable in her Christmas pajamas.

Spencer handed Joy to her, and Alyssa cooed at her. "My Joy. My sweet, sweet Joy. It's hard to believe that you are one week old today. Merry Christmas beautiful." She kissed her tiny daughter's head.

Spencer leaned down in front of her and asked, "where is mine? I don't get a kiss?"

She laughed and patted his cheek. "You poor thing. I can never forget about you." She smiled and leaned in to kiss him.

He took a seat beside her and smiled, "we sure do have a beautiful family, don't we?"

Alyssa nestled into his arm. "We sure do. We have a five year old, three year old twins, and a newborn daughter. Everything is perfect."

He grabbed his camera. "I think it is family photo time. What do you say?"

Alyssa nodded. They started the tradition that they would take a picture together every year. "Boys, come here real quick. Let's take a picture."

They didn't argue. They knew the routine. They stood up and left their toys behind.

Spencer stood and set up the camera.

He took his place beside Alyssa and grabbed the twins. Judah and Isaac sat his lap while Matthew got on the other side of Alyssa.

Matthew asked, "instead of saying cheese, can we say Joy! You know like Joy to the world. And for baby Joy. It will be nice because it is her first Christmas."

Alyssa smiled, "Matthew, I think that is a great idea."

She looked down at her daughter. They agreed on the name Joy because the pregnancy brought so much joy to them. When  they thought they would never receive a daughter, they were crushed. They had complete joy when their daughter finally entered the world.

"Alright," Spencer said. "On three, say Joy. Got it?" They nodded. "Okay. 1, 2, 3."

On three, the entire family said Joy! The photo snapped and the boys took off back towards the toys.

Alyssa laughed and snuggled back into Spencer's arms. "We did a good job, didn't we, honey."

He kissed her head and held his daughters hand. "We sure did, sweetheart. We sure did. Now, how about we open the rest of the gifts. Joy hasn't gotten her gifts yet."

Spencer went to the tree and started handing out gifts. Alyssa sat back enjoying it all. She had a family. She was now a mother of four precious children. She surprised her doctor and had two healthy pregnancies. To top it off, she had a pretty amazing husband too.

She had it all now.