Chapter Eleven

Spencer was nervous while sitting in church next to Alyssa. She introduced him to everyone as her husband. They would stare, but they never asked questions.

Her father smiled when he walked in. He was glad someone was happy to see him.

Spencer turned to look at Alyssa. He knew she was watching him because her face was red. She was cute when she was embarrassed.

The service ended and she rose, "I will be back. I am going to get Matthew from the nursery."

He nodded. "Okay. I'll just wait here for you."

Alyssa walked away, and Spencer saw her father walk towards him.

"Hello, son," her father said patting his shoulder. "Are you treating my daughter good."

He laughed. "Yes, sir. Actually, she is the one treating me good. You have an amazing daughter."

Her dad smiled. "I do, don't I? How are things going? Did she drag you here?"

Spencer shook his head. "I offered to come. I have always went to church. I just haven't found when since I've been back. I guess I have one now."

"You sure do, son. You are always welcome here. Are you guys coming over for lunch. Today is her mother's birthday. We are having a celebration at the house. I haven't had the chance to tell Alyssa."

Spencer nodded. "Sure thing. I'll let her know, and we will come over there."

"Alright, son. See you." Her father said and walked away.

Spencer let out a breath. That wasn't too bad. He saw Alyssa and Matthew heading his way, so he decided to meet them.

"I saw you talking with dad. What did he say?" Alyssa told him.

He grabbed Matthew and said, "he invited us over. He is throwing a surprise party for your mom."

Alyssa placed her hands on her head. "Oh no. Today is mom's birthday. I have been so busy that I forgot to get her something. With the wedding, I lost track of time."

Spencer laughed. "Hey. Don't look so frazzled. We have time. Let's go to the store and pick something up for her."

Alyssa nodded. "Okay. Let's go now then. We can also pick up some food to bring. I'm not sure what, but we will get it."

Spencer followed Alyssa out to the car and placed Matt in his seat. "Do you want me to drive? You can tell me where to go."

She nodded. She pulled out her keys and handed them to him. "Thanks. It means a lot. We don't have to go, you know. You might be asked questions by my siblings. You haven't really met them."

Spencer shook his head. "Nope. Too late. We are going. And it is my family now. I might as well meet them now."

Alyssa smiled. "Molly was right about you. You are an amazing guy."

He noticed her blushing. "Thanks. I really do try." He saw a walmart. "Is that okay? I'm sure we could find her something and also find food."

She nodded. "Fine with me. I prefer this store anyway."

He found a parking spot, and they walked into the store. They were finally starting to look like a family.