| Author's Note |

Hello and welcome to the eerie, spooky and haunted book filled with stories to—hopefully—tickle you scared. Are you ready to hop into the different realms of the lost and the damned? Maybe you would like a twisted tale or two? Or perhaps you're here all in the spirit of Halloween? No matter why you are here, you are all welcome to read these creepy stories within.

If anyone knows me well enough, they may very well tell you that I am a horror fanatic and have been since I was a child. I grew up watching horror movies, such as Sleepy Hollow starring Johnny Depp and Christine Ricci to Beetlejuice with Winona Ryder. My favourite director is, in fact, Tim Burton, so there might be no surprise there. 

Being surrounded by my family who liked ghost stories and even told local ones from the town I grew up in, I have always had a fascination for horror. So, it was only inevitable that I would begin this compilation after finding out about the Halloween Vault in 2018.

In this compilation, I strive to create spine-chilling stories to the best of my ability. At the moment, there are two sections; one is centred around the prompts for Halloween Vault 2018, whilst the other is for the 2020s. I skipped a year, yes, but I am back to add some scary cheer.

So, grab a mug of pumpkin juice, play your favourite Halloween themed song in the background, and try not to wake the dead up with your screams. 

Welcome to the book of horrors, Spookerella! 

I hope you are sitting comfortably!