4 | Dripping Blood

Crimson Crescent was always a peaceful place with only some strange affairs here and there

Crimson Crescent was always a peaceful place with only some strange affairs here and there. Missing people. Gruesome killings with the murderer not caught. This only ever happened sometimes, though, during the month of Halloween usually.

Halloween isn't much of a celebration here, as you can tell. It's more of a mourning time for many families. Only the families who just move in celebrate Halloween with parties and treats. 

Ignoring my mother's wishes, I had decided to go to a party Bradley's family was throwing this evening. Bradley had invited me earlier in the week. 

I had become rather fond of Bradley over the past year he had been here. In return, he had grown fond of me. Despite his parents' scrutiny over the relationship, the two of us were almost inseparable at school. Neither of us left the others side, nor did we want to. 

The party was being thrown on Elm, a street distinguished by two characteristics; it had four new homes and it lead to a dead end.

Bradley's house was the newest and had a bright red door compared to the other homes which had other colours. I hammered the antique gold door knocker nailed to the door.

As a cold wind blew, I pulled my red cloak around me just as the door opened revealing Bradley dressed as Dracula. 

I bit back my laugh at the goofy smile he pulled as he put on an awful accent, allowing me in.

When the door closed, I felt Bradley's arm wrap around my shoulders as fake blood dripped down his chin. 

In the living room, Bradley's family stood in front of a host of guests who all stood incredibly still as the music boomed throughout the house, the floors shaking as Bradley lead me away.

Bradley looked in the room briefly and kept pushing me along the corridor. "The real party is this way." Bradley said with a laugh, his goofy smile returning as he lead me towards a large oak door.

In this room there was little space for more than ten people. It was like a large cupboard.

Bradley shut the door slightly so that it was ajar. The light from the hallway left a strip of gold down his face.

"I don't think they'll follow us in here." Bradley muttered, his tone less playful.

When he spoke, I noticed that his teeth were a little sharper and that his eyes were far more red. The blood just kept dripping down his chin onto his white shirt... 

It wasn't fake. It was too crimson. It didn't look like paint, or fake. It was very much real, especially when he licked his lips and his eyes went a darker red.

"Go out through the back door. You'll be safer outside." Bradley informed, his red eyes burning into me as he kissed me briefly on the lips.

Without a second thought, I ran out of the back door towards home, wiping the blood from my face. I locked the door once inside!

Word count - 500