Chapter 10

After we have returned from the graveyard, my dad was sitting at the sofa with Sumo beside him.

,,  We're home. " I said as I slowly approached him and kissed him on his cheek.

I noticed him to smile.

,, Welcome back, princess.... And Markus. " he added after a while.

I chuckled together with Markus. I sat beside him while Markus signed at me that he wants to go away. I hurriedly caught on that.

,, Markus, if you don't mind, would you give me and dad some privacy? We would like to talk about things that are only between us two. " I said not to make it obvious for dad.

Dad looked at me with a surprise written over his face.

,, Of course. I'll be back in the evening then. " he said as he opened the door again.

,,  Be careful,  Markus. You never know what these people out there want from anyone, even if you look human. " said my dad with a concern in his voice.

Markus smiled: ,, I will,  thank you, Mr Anderson. See you, Aly. "

Once Markus closed the door, my dad looked at me with a raised brows.

,, Why would you send him out like that? "

,, It's been a long time since it was only the two of us. " I smiled.

,, Well, you're right about that. "

,, I also got something to tell you, right? " I looked at him.

He looked me in the eye: ,,  Today you're full of surprises. "

I giggled: ,,  I think it's been a long time since then? "

,, Hell yeah it's been. " he smirked.

He got up from the sofa and headed to the kitchen.

,, What do you want to drink? " he asked as he eyed me.

,, Dad,  I can get it myself. " I smiled.

,, I'm already here. "

,, You did that on purpose. " I pouted.

He laughed in an agreement.

When he sat back next to me, he leaned to me to give me a glass of an apple juice. I took it from him and thanked him.

,, Well, you can start. " he gave me a push.

I didn't know where to begin because there was just so much to be said. And I didn't know what could start it, so I spoke up.

,, Umm, actually you should ask me because I don't know how to start. " I smiled.

His face turned serious since he was thinking about what to ask me. But then he looked at me as if he decided what to ask me.

,, How did it all even start? "

I looked at the table as I was rewinding what had happened.

,, It all started when we came back from the party. When we went to the living room, a light in the studio was turned on even though we have turned it off before we left. So we all went to check it out and we found Carl's son there. He was trying to steal Carl's paintings so Carl got very mad. Carl ordered Markus to escort Leo away but Leo was having some stupid remarks about me and Markus which got Carl really mad as he tried to intervene Markus from Leo that was pushing Markus. In that instant.. I have moved on my own and pushed Leo away from Markus, but since Leo was under drugs' influence and had to feed his hunger soon, he slapped me which made me stumble and fall. And as Leo was still fighting Markus, I noticed Carl holding his heart in pain. I cried out for him as both of them turned their attention at me. But it was too late because Carl didn't make it..  Me and Markus were crying there because it was all just..  Too fast... " I paused recalling what happened afterwards.

My dad looked really sad but didn't say a word as he waited for me to continue. I felt tears forming in my eyes.

,, Then... The police arrived and... Leo said it was Markus who killed Carl... I was so shocked I stood up to tell them it's not like that.. But I didn't get a chance as they shot me on the spot... " I started to sob in the middle of sentences.

My dad looked really crushed. He probably didn't know if he should be sad or mad, but I saw his fist clench tightly.

,, They also shot Markus who was devastated and he shut down at the spot. I was in a horror where I thought that nothing will be anymore. I just hoped to die at that time but I couldn't even faint. I saw the whole way as they tossed us at the android's junkyard... "

,, They did what!? " my dad shouted which made me flinch.

He noticed my surprise as he lowered his head: ,, Go on.. "

,, As I was bleeding out in that junkyard. I was reaching out to Markus who was laying beside me motionlessly. I thought he was dead so I thought I would die there too as I just gave up on myself. I fainted which made me think I died but..  Then I felt someone shaking with me and hugging me tightly. It was Markus who miraculously rebooted himself. I was so glad he was alright... But as we were leaving the junkyard, I don't remember anything of that... I was blacking out so much which made it impossible for me to ever process the surroundings... And somehow... We got away... " I was sobbing so hard remembering how I've almost lost Markus.

When I looked at my dad, I saw him cry too.

,, I'm so sorry,  dad. " I started to cry even more.

He hugged me tightly to his chest as he cried to himself: ,, I'm so glad you're here with me today. It's a miracle you've survived. " he laughed to himself.

Just from his voice I could feel just how much pain he felt. It made my heart break as he cried. I never ever,  in my lifetime,  saw him of all people cry.

I was once again reminded that he's all I've got from my family and I'm the only one for him as well.