Chapter 14

Trigger warning: suicidal thoughts

-Mentioning of a TV series that really is going on (Prison Break) I don't own the show
---------------

When I somehow got home, I started to cry uncontrollably. My dad immediately registered me as he rushed to my side.

,, What's wrong, Aly? " he hugged me tightly, trying his best to reassure me with his soothing strokes on my head.

He gently put his chin on my head.

,, It's nothing, dad. " I tried to get away from the topic.

,, You know I'm not gonna back up now when you've come home crying like this. Tell daddy what's wrong. " he said gently.

I felt my tears to flow even faster. We moved to the sofa.

,, I've just had my heart broken, dad. "

He tightened his grip around me.

,, Ah, sh*t. I'm so sorry, sweetheart. " he said apologetically.

I shook head to tell him it's fine, but the pain was even more unbearable.

I sensed how he was struggling what to say next.

,, How about we head to the restaurant we both love? Or we can watch that... Series you always to see with me. "

I chuckled: ,, You mean Prison Break?  Dad, it's 2038 and it's so ironic that you, as a cop, want to watch cons breaking out of prison. "

,, Well, sweetheart, I can bite my tongue through that movie. At least I will see why I have to be extremely careful. " he said with an amusement.

And thanks to my dad's horrible attempt of cheering me up a bit, we watches the series together. He looked incredibly bored at first but throughout the story, he looked as if to have so much fun.

,, So dad, who's your favourite character? " I asked curiously.

He sneered: ,, Well, Michael is abnormally smart, it's f*cking annoying, but thanks to him being so damn extra, he is gonna be the one. " he took a sip of his beer.

And for the rest of the night, we were both laughing at each other's commentary. Even though it was the first time I came to my dad with my first heartbreak, he seemed so supportive and attentive. I was so blessed to have a father like him.

Though the night when I was lying in bed was different story. I felt the big wave of crushed feeling fall upon me together with depression.

The last time I've felt like this was when I lost mom and Cole. It was the same empty feeling. I felt chill in my bones when a thought of committing a suicide occurred in my mom. I started to cry at that thought.

You're not strong for that. You have a loving dad here. Do you know how many people have to go through something like this? Everyone got their way through somehow . You can do just fine, Aly.

Oh how I hated nights. When a morning miraculously came, at 6 am my dad came into my room to check up on me as he usually did. When he noticed I was awake, he looked surprised.

,, Good morning. " he said sleepily.

,, Morning. " I said with my usual voice which must have exposed me of the lack of sleep I must have had visible on my face.