More Than You Bargained For #1 (Mina x Fem!reader)

Pairing: Mina X Fem!reader ⚢

HighSchool!Au

"Mina. You don't have to." "But I want to."

In a way, Mina and Chaeyoung's relationship could be described as popular Physics topic 'Force'. It was the worst case of a push and pull relationship imaginable, one moment they can be seen in the cafeteria feeding each other and the next Chaeyoung would be all over popular basketball captain Momo. So Mina, being the smart little penguin she is, hatches a plan.

Spending hours upon hours in a crowded gymnasium was definitely not Mina's idea of a perfect evening. Mina would much rather be curled up in a soft and thick blanket on her bed with a laptop to watch anime on, but Chaeyoung insisted that Mina should see the banner she had designed for the basketball team.

"Mina, they even let me have full creative control over the basketball players' uniforms this year!" Mina didn't have the heart to disappoint adorable little Chaeyoung, she was more than willing to show support for her endearing little 'girlfriend'. All right, so they weren't officially together but Mina had some hope that Chaeyoung would soon pop the question. After all, they already acted like a couple.

So that day, in the lowermost part of the metal bleachers, Mina had sat down to watch the basketball game. Even if she wasn't into basketball, she'd at least have Chaeyoung to entertain her. Right? Wrong. What was supposed to be a heart-warming little 'art exhibition' became Mina seething over Chaeyoung clinging onto Momo's toned shoulders.

What did Mina have that Momo didn't? Why did Chaeyoung have to go and leave her for Momo? Was she really not enough for her? Mina had even gone as far as wondering if Chaeyoung even cared that she suffered each time she went to Momo. She had even wondered if Chaeyoung even noticed her at times.

"Mina, just do what she did to you." Mina's head shoots up at Nayeon's suggestion, her ears turning red in an instant. "Just get your own Momo." Nayeon continues as Mina gives her a bewildered stare. "Where and how am I supposed to do that?" Mina asked softly, feeling half-intrigued and half-guilty. As if right on queue, you plop down on the seat next to Nayeon. Nayeon gives her a meaningful gaze, her eyebrows lifting dramatically.

Though Mina had her doubts, she had decided to try out Nayeon's advice. Just to see what would happen, totally not a form of revenge. She ran after you as you headed to your locker. "Hey, uhh." Mina's words caught in her throat once you turned your attention to her. "Oh Mina, what's up?" You momentarily stop sorting your books, your arms falling to your sides. She looks down and turns away from you. "Just. I'll text you later."

Later that day, as promised, she does text you. Which then escalates to her calling you up late at night as you were in disbelief to what she was saying. "Date me." Your blood runs cold, your breath stopping momentarily at her words. "But not really, like fake date me. Think of it as the favor you owe me." You let out the breath you didn't know you were holding at her continuation.So you agree, considering you didn't have much of a choice anyways.

The next day, you walk in not expecting much. You expect this whole arrangement to only be effective during periods where Chaeyoung is present, which you suppose, is fair. Howbeit, your assumption is completely flipped on its tail. "Hi honey!" An overly exaggerated voice calls, to which you respond to by turning to the source of the sound.

Suddenly, you're picked up off of your feet and into Mina's surprisingly strong grip. She spins you around and gives you a kiss on the cheek as she sets you down, quickly catching the attention of those around you. Your cheeks burn with embarrassment at the public display, triggering Mina to squeeze your cheeks affectionately. Before she grasps your hand in hers and drags you towards your lockers.

Dumbfounded, you let yourself be dragged and just comply as she tells you to get your books out of you locker. Much to your delight, she lets go of your hand momentarily to allow you to get your books. Howbeit, she wraps her arm around your waist and brushes your hair out of your face, your breath hitching in your throat at the sudden motion. And she doesn't drop her hand on your waist until you finish.

However, once you did finish, she snatches your books out of your hands and laces her fingers with yours once more. "What class do you have before lunch?" You look down at your schedule. "English Literature." She nods, shooting you a sweet smile. You finally decided to take initiative to really sell your lie. You begin swinging your intertwined hands for everyone to see, regretting it almost immediately.

She smiles gratefully at you, looking down at your intertwined hands and then at you. After what felt like an eternity of romantic dilly-dally, you arrive at your classroom. Mina sets down your books on your table and shoots you one more smile as she prepares to leave. As if on queue, Chaeyoung walks into the room. Oh, right. Chaeyoung has the same class as your for chemistry.

Suddenly, Mina whips around at break-neck speed and takes a step closer to you. She hesitates momentarily, before wrapping her arms around your waist. For a slight moment, she looks into your eyes. Before tugging you towards her, her lips suddenly meeting yours. For a moment you froze, before realizing something. Mina was kissing you.